Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

british weather

Wikiposts

british weather

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british weather

Originally Posted by Grah
You’re upset because your child is going to get wet on the way back from swimming???

Sorry the picture just seems hilarious to me.
yes,they needn,t have bothered getting them changed after, should have let them walk home in their swimming trunks
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:48 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Weeeeee! Really? It's only raining here in the Beltline. I hope it come this way!
You wouldn't like it. It was like English snow ..... wet and cold and all gone by lunch-time! Just wet and cold now.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:07 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
You wouldn't like it. It was like English snow ..... wet and cold and all gone by lunch-time! Just wet and cold now.
You'd hate it here. A miserable cloudless 16 this afternoon. Tomorrow we're in for a horrid 21. Yuk. Foul, foul, foul.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:24 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

I have both Toronto's and Coventry's realtime weather reports on my google homepage and delight regularly in informing Canadians over there that the weather in England - even in the midlands - is outperforming theirs in terms of temp. and lack of rain

Wintertime soon though... Roll on 5 months of damp, grey gloom while they take pictures of ugly things turned beautiful in the snow.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:50 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by Morwenna
It IS snowing up here in the NW of the city. We have about 1/2 inch lying. The TV weather station is only just admitting it. I think they were in denial!!

Well that would be one more confirmation that the weather is warmer in the south of Calgary than the north. We didnt see any. I realised this morning that we only have single gloves left from last winter. How does that happen? I know they came home from school with them last year! I think they get together with the single socks that disappear in the washing machine.

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You'd hate it here. A miserable cloudless 16 this afternoon. Tomorrow we're in for a horrid 21. Yuk. Foul, foul, foul.

They'd hate it here in Edmonton too!!!! 12 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!!!!

Linda
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when I moved back to Canada the one thing I consoled myself with was getting back to real winters (love to ski) and real summers(love to sunbathe). We've had neither this year in Guelph, Ontario and it looks like it's going to be a long winter......snow or no snow!!!

Cathie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:09 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking the same thought. Since we came to Guelph it's rained every second day. Just like Scotland really.

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
Well, when I moved back to Canada the one thing I consoled myself with was getting back to real winters (love to ski) and real summers(love to sunbathe). We've had neither this year in Guelph, Ontario and it looks like it's going to be a long winter......snow or no snow!!!

Cathie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Thinking the same thought. Since we came to Guelph it's rained every second day. Just like Scotland really.
Yes, today has been the best since August (or maybe that was July!!!). Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a scorcher though. Mind you it's all relative!!!

Cathie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:34 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

September was a bit of a wash out in the Royal City. We had the furnace on two nights ago but it's picked up again.

Hot tomorrow then? Maybe a walk in the Arboretum is in order?

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
Yes, today has been the best since August (or maybe that was July!!!). Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a scorcher though. Mind you it's all relative!!!

Cathie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madmac
September was a bit of a wash out in the Royal City. We had the furnace on two nights ago but it's picked up again.

Hot tomorrow then? Maybe a walk in the Arboretum is in order?
Oops....it may be hot but I guess we all got woken up with that thunderstorm....looks like another rainy day.....and I was finally supposed to be getting my new windows today!!!! BTW, I've had my furnace on since the beginning of September. (Last year it wasn't on until the end of October).

Cathie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:35 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Well the T storms have hit KW area of Ontario.

It is p$$ing it down!! Oh well the dog will have to sit cross legged for a little while
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

lovely and bright and sunny in uk today, a bit cold though, felt really chilly first thing this morning,autumn is on its way!!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 1:31 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointingly enough the promised doom that was Tropical Storm Isaac proved to be yet another damp squib yesterday. The forecasters get it so wrong here that just as we get blase about 'oh another storm' we're bound to get hammered. Probably during the winter with another 70cm of snow day!

Today is grey and mild. A John Major sort of day then.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flipflop
lovely and bright and sunny in uk today, a bit cold though, felt really chilly first thing this morning,autumn is on its way!!!!
think im speaking too soon,its clouding over now and looks like rain, well of course its nearly time to collect kids from school,its rule of thumb to rain then!grrr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.