British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   British treats - Sobeys (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/british-treats-sobeys-857394/)

ChrisBan May 4th 2016 5:24 pm

Re: British treats - Sobeys

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11938729)
:nod:
I just buy whatever brand is reduced. It's not a regular, just something I like to have in the cupboard for when the feeling takes me.

They go surprisingly nicely with cabbage. :blink:

Why they insist on putting that yucky bit of pork fat in one kind, heaven knows. Does anyone actually eat it? :sick:

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 11938823)
I just buy the Clarks beans? They are nice. But I don't buy the ones with any pork fat in it...sounds a bit too North American for me! Interestingly enough, my kid will eat the Clarks beans here, whereas in France he would never eat a Heinz bean as he thought they were foreign flageolet :blink: and not French!

Clarks are also my other choice. To be honest I agree, whatever is on sale is my go to... aslong as it's not the Canadian Heinz :thumbdown:

MillieF May 7th 2016 1:15 pm

Re: @ Caretaker

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11938851)
What's with the Clark's beans that come in a jar?

Oh err...I haven't seen them....possibly haven't looked...I'm going out shopping this morning, and will look and buy and report back!

I'm off to Sobeys, Lobster is the Mothers Day treat of The Maritimes...Lobster would be number 1 on my list of why I stay here....yum, yum...I will be a Happy Mum:thumbup:

daveincolchester May 8th 2016 12:48 am

I live near Harrow Ontario where they have a store which is dedicated to all things British.

This is my first post since joining and am not sure if plugging specific businesses is allowed.

I have no connection with the place or anyone associated with it but if I'm permitted, I'll post the web site if anyone is interested.

MillieF May 8th 2016 12:52 am

Originally Posted by daveincolchester (Post 11942311)
I live near Harrow Ontario where they have a store which is dedicated to all things British.

This is my first post since joining and am not sure if plugging specific businesses is allowed.

I have no connection with the place or anyone associated with it but if I'm permitted, I'll post the web site if anyone is interested.

Welcome Dave[QUOTE]:thumbup: it's just a little more difficult here on occasion, dependant on location, which can lead to frustration!

BristolUK May 8th 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 11942312)
...a little more difficult here on occasion, dependant on location, which can lead to frustration!

Are you related to John Cooper Clarke? :lol:

caretaker May 8th 2016 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by daveincolchester (Post 11942311)

Best not take the chance, I'll take the heat if it all goes wrong. :lol:
Blimeys.ca British Store & Gift Shop

BristolUK May 8th 2016 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11942538)
Best not take the chance, I'll take the heat if it all goes wrong. :lol:
Blimeys.ca British Store & Gift Shop

Have you tried their sister stores flippin' and stapmevitals?