Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British citizen leaving Canada after COVID infection

British citizen leaving Canada after COVID infection

Old Sep 19th 2022, 3:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default British citizen leaving Canada after COVID infection

My cousin is visiting and like us has COVID. Am I right in thinking she needs to be 10 days post COVID to be able to fly? I'm guessing that means post a negative test. Also if she is still coughing that she needs a scores not to say she's clear?
Old Sep 20th 2022, 12:38 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen leaving Canada after COVID infection

I found this online, govt stuff. But how would they know? I'm thinking if she has a cough still then a negative test would be needed but otherwise?

Old Sep 20th 2022, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

They wouldn’t know, would they? I’m not advocating that someone with obvious Covid symptoms should fly but I think many of us have travelled unknowingly whilst being asymptomatic or in latter stages of recovery, when feeling well and unlikely to still be contagious. If I needed to travel, I think I would base my decision on how I felt at the time and how I presented to others, and be extra vigilant in company.

What a shame that you all came down with Covid though. Must have spoiled the visit.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 1:49 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
They wouldn’t know, would they? I’m not advocating that someone with obvious Covid symptoms should fly but I think many of us have travelled unknowingly whilst being asymptomatic or in latter stages of recovery, when feeling well and unlikely to still be contagious. If I needed to travel, I think I would base my decision on how I felt at the time and how I presented to others, and be extra vigilant in company.

What a shame that you all came down with Covid though. Must have spoiled the visit.
Oh indeed yes, that and husband falling I'll on the first day it's been a delight. Bloke you I think if you test and it's negative you're good to fly. I can't remember though what they ask at the airport, no signed declaration. Thanks for taking the time to reply .
Old Sep 20th 2022, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Oh indeed yes, that and husband falling I'll on the first day it's been a delight. Bloke you I think if you test and it's negative you're good to fly. I can't remember though what they ask at the airport, no signed declaration. Thanks for taking the time to reply .

That, I can’t remember - there have been times when I’ve been asked but it’s an ever changing situation - I know it’s asked on the ArriveCAN app but I can’t think there’s a similar ‘formal’ thing on the way out, apart from general notice signs. I’ve noticed lots of those have changed recently to ‘…if you’ve had Covid or been in contact with someone who has AND been advised not to travel……’, which is more lax than it used to be.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 7:15 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

My whole family has just travelled from Canada to the UK and no one asked us any questions about covid whatsoever
Old Sep 21st 2022, 7:51 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
My whole family has just travelled from Canada to the UK and no one asked us any questions about covid whatsoever
excellent
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

With the public attitude having shifted regarding covid, meaning most jurisdictions are not saying you have to isolate at all when positive, I would keep existing travel tickets and fly with a well fitted KN95 / FFP2 respirator and call it a day, unless feeling extremely ill / symptomatic.