Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada removes ALL covid restrictions on travellers

Canada removes ALL covid restrictions on travellers

Old Sep 26th 2022, 2:51 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Canada removes ALL covid restrictions on travellers

That's it. If you're unjabbed and have been sitting out here in the rest of the world waiting/needing to get in to meet with family and friends but have been shut out due to the unscientific restrictions in place: the waiting is over.

They're dropping the lot! From Oct 1st:
  • No more jab requirements
  • No more masking on planes or trains or other transport
  • No more mandatory sharing of your personal medical data with potentiall unsecure 3rd party data handlers
  • No more having to place yourself under 14 day house arrest to show you don't have a cold
  • No more random testing or follow up testing requirements if you start coughing
  • No more pre-arrival test requirements
If I had to guess I'd say that this is down to the travel, tourism, hospitality, leisure, border town mayors and border agency unions getting in JT's grill about this unsustainably poo state of affairs.

Whatever the reasons, I will be heading over to BC to see my brother and get my PR rubber stamped at the end of Oct as it's the only real time off I have between now and December and let's face it, Vancouver in December is bleak!

Oh frabjous day, callou callay! https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/arr...-end-1.6595710
Old Sep 26th 2022, 3:16 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada removes ALL covid restrictions on travellers

Oh, they dropped the masking mandate for trains and planes. I wasn't sure if they'd do that. It was a bit odd to wear a mask in pearson, and on the plane, then once off the plane at gatwick you could take it off and continue on your merry way, and when flying back, no mask required until you get on the plane. The mandatory random testing was annoying as well. That's the last thing you need after flight, and waiting in the security line up (though that usually gave you the 15 mins post kiosk ticket for you to get the email summoning you to get tested).

Stupid question, but I'd presume the removal of it for planes therefore means you don't need to wear the mask in the airport?
Old Sep 26th 2022, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

About time.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 4:06 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do some digging but you'd assume so...
Old Sep 26th 2022, 5:27 pm
The Dude Abides

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...october-1.html

Travellers are "being encouraged" to wear masks throughout their journeys but my guess is that now there's no mandate for wearing them onboard, the airport is fair game too.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Friday 30 September fly Toronto to New York with Canadian carrier. Mask to be worn on flight and in the airport. Fly back 1 October no mask restriction. Still awaiting US to announce their lifting of restrictions. Makes perfect sense to me.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 7:16 pm
The Dude Abides

Yeah, they can't keep their restrictions in place much longer, it's completely baffling that they haven't made any announcements to line up with CA yet...
Old Sep 27th 2022, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more than time to have these restrictions removed.

However I would still suggest to wear a mask at the airport, as lot's of people are coming together there.
On a plane, the air is dry and constantly filtered, I'd say one would be safer on a plane than at an airport.