Reload this Page >

British Citizen with canadian job offer - Need guidance

British Citizen with canadian job offer - Need guidance

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

kartikannamalai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Citizen with canadian job offer - Need guidance

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You'll need to work out what you're eligible for, we can't do that for you I'm afraid. Check your eligibility on the official website, and take the CRS score test to see if you'd be scoring enough to get an invite to apply for PR. If not, then it may need to be PNP, but that is more onerous on the company and has certain restrictions i.e. you're tied to the province for some time etc. Not sure what you mean by 'swift' but any route is going to be at least 18 months based on current processing times due to the Covid backlog.

If you do PNP then you would get a work permit from that route, so don't need to do the Global Talent work permit route as well.

$2800 a month around Vancouver? What size property do you want? I'd imagine you're looking at a fairly small apartment for that, but you can search yourself on rental websites to give yourself an idea. That was based on the $100k figure you gave, which I personally think is far too low for a family of 4. It may be better to say what the salary on offer actually is, and then people in the know can tell you if it's good enough or not.

$25-30k will still leave you with a good chunk of money to find. This thread may give you an idea of the total costs - cost of moving to canada Bear in mind it's an older thread, so you'll need to add a good chunk on to account for cost increases since then (shipping costs alone have more than doubled in the past couple of years). Also, if you're going on a work permit you can't go on one way tickets, you need a return or risk being refused entry.

HTH ('Hope That Helps'!)
CAD 140,000 is the proposed salary