Reload this Page >

Nuclear/Energy and nursing jobs in Canada

Nuclear/Energy and nursing jobs in Canada

Old Jul 31st 2022, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

WillDelfonics is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nuclear/Energy and nursing jobs in Canada

Hello All,
We currently live in France with our 3 kids (8, 5 and 18 months).
We landed in Canada in July after getting express entry and stayed for 2 weeks before returning to France.
I work in the nuclear industry in France as a consultant, and have a UK masters and am a Chartered Engineer with the IET. Does anyone have experience with getting job in the nuclear industry or other energy sectors in Canada? We hear engineering is highly regulated in Canada.
My wife has a degree in anatony with no work experience in France but only UK experience as a care worker. She plans to work in thr Canadian health sector as a nurse and so her best bet is to train as a nurse? Anyone has any idea of how much training she needs to do before she can break into the health sector
?
We plan to move to Canada from France next summer. Do you think we both can start some sort of distance learning in the interim?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nuclear/Energy and nursing jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by WillDelfonics
Hello All,
We currently live in France with our 3 kids (8, 5 and 18 months).
We landed in Canada in July after getting express entry and stayed for 2 weeks before returning to France.
I work in the nuclear industry in France as a consultant, and have a UK masters and am a Chartered Engineer with the IET. Does anyone have experience with getting job in the nuclear industry or other energy sectors in Canada? We hear engineering is highly reg
ulated in Canada.
My wife has a degree in anatony with no work experience in France but only UK experience as a care worker. She plans to work in thr Canadian health sector as a nurse and so her best bet is to train as a nurse? Anyone has any idea of how much training she needs to do before she can break into the health sector
?
We plan to move to Canada from France next summer. Do you think we both can start some sort of distance learning in the interim?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
I worked in the nuclear industry when we first moved across. I had been at BNFL in the UK for 18 years and moved to a company called Nuclear Safety Solutions in Toronto - it has changed its name a few times since we moved. I left in 2010 to try something completely different. My husband is still in the industry, currently with a company in Guelph.Engineering is regulated here, and a lot of work needs to be stamped by a PEng. However neither of us have the designation and it has not been a problem. My degree is in Geophysics and I spent a lot of my UK career in FE modelling, everything from structural steelwork, transport flasks to groundwater flow and contaminant transport. In Canada I was mostly in radiation safety, if any work needed a stamp then it could be added by the approver. We were offered the job before we came, that is actually why we came as we hadn't been considering it before that. There are a lot of Brits in the industry over here, and it was a relatively seemless transition for us, so depending on your specific area of expertise, it should be possible to get work.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

WillDelfonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the feedback. I have worked with EDF at have worked at a number of power stations in the UK. I am also considering renewables in Canada as it appears nuclear is on the down.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Is your wife looking at training in Canada?