Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Bacon - where to get TO area

British Bacon - where to get TO area

Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Bacon - where to get TO area

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
What is with this obsession with bacon? Barely a week goes past without a bacon thread on here.

I have to wonder what it is people have against peameal bacon. I prefer it. Not only is it tasty, the slices are consistant in size and shape. With this 'British' bacon, there is the oval-ish shaped piece of bacon then that dangly bit on the end which is all fatty anyway. What is so great about that?

There's actually some meat on it and it doesn't have to be burnt to **** to make it editable. Also, with proper bacon you can fold it to make a nice hot buttered bacon sandwich. The N. American stuff is just a very poor substitute and feel sorry for the Canadians who know no better.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:10 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

That's love, that is.

However, I find peameal to be lubricated most adequately. I had a legend of a bacon sandwich last weekend. Peameal bacon, cheese, proper HP sauce all slapped in a squashy bap. Hard to beat.
Easy to beat: Remove HP sauce (bleurgh), add a fried egg.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

What is with this obsession with bacon? Barely a week goes past without a bacon thread on here.

I have to wonder what it is people have against peameal bacon. I prefer it. Not only is it tasty, the slices are consistant in size and shape. With this 'British' bacon, there is the oval-ish shaped piece of bacon then that dangly bit on the end which is all fatty anyway. What is so great about that?
It's GREAT British bacon
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That's love, that is.

However, I find peameal to be lubricated most adequately. I had a legend of a bacon sandwich last weekend. Peameal bacon, cheese, proper HP sauce all slapped in a squashy bap. Hard to beat.
I can do better. This weekend I'll offer Danish bacon with rind as an option.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:31 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
I can do better. This weekend I'll offer Danish bacon with rind as an option.
Splendid, anything but that British crap.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Easy to beat: Remove HP sauce (bleurgh), add a fried egg.
While I agree that the addition of the fried egg can only enhance the sandwich, I just can't work with you on the HP sauce removal.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Splendid, anything but that British crap.
says the woman who likes sliced turds, sorry peameal bacon, in her sandwiches.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005
says the woman who likes sliced turds, sorry peameal bacon, in her sandwiches.
mmmmmmm
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

With a liberal application of HP sauce, she probably could be eating sliced turds as opposed to bacon and wouldn't be able to tell......
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
With a liberal application of HP sauce, she probably could be eating sliced turds as opposed to bacon and wouldn't be able to tell......
All washed down with a couple of pints of Guinness.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The day she drinks Guinness for breakfast is the day I'll eat her squashy baps.

The key to bacon sandwich success is firm bread, some form of baguette, ideally still warm.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:07 pm
Slightly Canadian

The day she drinks Guinness for breakfast is the day I'll eat her squashy baps.

The key to bacon sandwich success is firm bread, some form of baguette, ideally still warm.
Ah, if you're going to go all continental (that's European continental, not North American), then one should combine slices of a ripe brie with the bacon in the baguette.

Now I'm hungry.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
Racial profiling in action, any wonder I get extra attention at the airport.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:12 pm

I disagree. Baps are the way to go. That's how they do it at St Lawrence after all, the mecca for breakfast in a bun.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:12 pm

Racial profiling in action, any wonder I get extra attention at the airport.
Its not racial, its because you're probably drunk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.