Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BRINGING A RED BRITISH PHONE BOX TO CANADA ?

BRINGING A RED BRITISH PHONE BOX TO CANADA ?

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:05 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRINGING A RED BRITISH PHONE BOX TO CANADA ?

Originally Posted by dbd33
I did that for a couple of years (while programming in the day). Generally it was excruciatingly dull but not always. I had a call, to 999:

"Ambulance, please"

<operators were obliged to monitor emergency calls after connecting them>

"I'm going on the roof of the building at .... and I'm going to jump"

<realises that it's just across the road, rushes to the window, sees arcing body, returns to phone>

"No need to rush"

Not terribly relevant, but there was a phone box slightly splattered on impact.

Completely hear ya regarding monitoring the calls - my worst one (and it's not funny but you'll see kind of why it is)

"emergency which service"

"ambulance ambulance quick"

connect and stay on to montior as it sounds not good

"help my husband has hung himself, he used the dogs choke chain"

"can you get something under his feet to relieve the pressure?"

"I tried pulling him down by his ankles................."

Joking aside it's not nice to have to sit and listen to these calls. We also used to get the overflow from the Glasgow exchange on a weekend - there's some scary stuff goes on up there thats for sure
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:14 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Completely hear ya regarding monitoring the calls - my worst one (and it's not funny but you'll see kind of why it is)

"emergency which service"

"ambulance ambulance quick"

connect and stay on to montior as it sounds not good

"help my husband has hung himself, he used the dogs choke chain"

"can you get something under his feet to relieve the pressure?"

Joking aside it's not nice to have to sit and listen to these calls. We also used to get the overflow from the Glasgow exchange on a weekend - there's some scary stuff goes on up there thats for sure
snigger!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine the indignity if his trousers came down.......

(especially with what happens when being hanged )