Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bridgewater beautiful?

Bridgewater beautiful?

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

giantcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bridgewater beautiful?

Hello, I have been finding quite a few counselling jobs advertised in Bridgewater...oh also in Dartmouth. Has anyone been to either places? I am going in five weeks time but thought id ask here.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:27 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridgewater beautiful?

Originally Posted by giantcake
Hello, I have been finding quite a few counselling jobs advertised in Bridgewater...oh also in Dartmouth. Has anyone been to either places? I am going in five weeks time but thought id ask here.
I've been to both many times. But what do you want to know exactly?

Bridgewater - small town about 90 min drive from Halifax (closest city), surrounding areas are beautiful (Nova Scotia's South Shore is a very popular holiday destination). Fairly limited shopping and other facilities. Older population.

Dartmouth - connected to Halifax via bridges and Ferry. Seems to be a lot of crime in dartmouth (but you wouldnt have to live there just because you worked there). You'd have all the services of a city - lots more shops, restaurants, etc etc but housing probably more expensive than in Bridgewater and certainly much less scenic.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by giantcake
I just happen to love Bridgewater, since I live so close to it, we live in queens County on the lake and are about 20 mins from Bridgewater. What do you want to know about it? It isn't a big place but has everything you could need. So just depends what you want.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Have you looked at www.bridgewater.ca
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
Have you looked at www.bridgewater.ca
What sort or work is available in the area ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

I like Bridgewater and was very upset when that young girl went missing, it must of been difficult for the town. I was very close to buying a property there 3 years ago, but just a little far to keep an eye on it from the North Shore. I like the LeHave River area and Kingsburg out on the coast is lovely too.
There will be everything you need in Bridgewater.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:13 am
Just Joined

giantcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Bridgewater beautiful?

Thankyou everyone for your responses. I have seen a couple of posts advertised on www.careerbeacon.com as counsellor/social worker, i had applied for one in Bridgewater.

i am going to visit there 24th-31st may so will be able to see for myself.What do i want to know???... Just is it a once place to live, I suppose. One day we will have kids, so schools will be important then but not right away...and i suppose we d like to live somewhere we can get a couple of acres, and live without a high crime rate.Not asking too much, would be nice to know my neighbours name as here everyone keeps pretty much to themselves.

looking forward to seeing it, will check out that site, thanks.