Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BRICKLAYING IN CANADA

BRICKLAYING IN CANADA

Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

big mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BRICKLAYING IN CANADA

I AM CURRENTLY A BRICKLAYER AND INTRESTED IN WORKING IN CANADA I RECENTLY WENT TO A OPEN DAY CALLED EXPLORE CANADA WHERE WE SPOKE TO VARIOUS DIFFERENT IMMIGRATION OFFICERS WHO ADVISED US ABOUT VARIOUS EMPLOYMENT THAT WAS AVALIABLE IN CANADA ETC.
UPON SPEAKING TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER WE WAS ADVISED THERE IS GOVERMENT FEES TOTALING £7,500 WHICH IS LAUGHABLE.
IS THERE A CHEAPER WAY TO MOVE ME AND MY FAMILY TO CANADA AND AN EASIER ROUTE FOR EMPLOYMENT RATHER THAT GOING THROUGH AN AGENCY.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRICKLAYING IN CANADA

Originally Posted by big mark
I AM CURRENTLY A BRICKLAYER AND INTRESTED IN WORKING IN CANADA I RECENTLY WENT TO A OPEN DAY CALLED EXPLORE CANADA WHERE WE SPOKE TO VARIOUS DIFFERENT IMMIGRATION OFFICERS WHO ADVISED US ABOUT VARIOUS EMPLOYMENT THAT WAS AVALIABLE IN CANADA ETC.
UPON SPEAKING TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER WE WAS ADVISED THERE IS GOVERMENT FEES TOTALING £7,500 WHICH IS LAUGHABLE.
IS THERE A CHEAPER WAY TO MOVE ME AND MY FAMILY TO CANADA AND AN EASIER ROUTE FOR EMPLOYMENT RATHER THAT GOING THROUGH AN AGENCY.
Hi Mark, and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, typing all in caps is considered 'shouting' in netiquette, so you might want to turn the caps lock off!

I've no idea who advised you that government fees for a Temp Work Permit were £7,500, but they were obviously trying to con you, and were definitely not an immigration officer. The fee for a TWP is in fact only $150! Fees for Permanent Residency visas are much higher, but still nowhere near £7,500.

Have a look at the CIC website (the official Canadian immigration website) which will give you info on TWP's, and the following Wiki articles/sections may also be of use to you..................

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Tempor...Permits-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Permits-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Hunting-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Employment_Agencies'_Fees

Once you've read the above, then ask any questions and hopefully somebody will be able to help.

Good luck.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BRICKLAYING IN CANADA

Originally Posted by big mark
Hi Mark,

I doubt it was a visa officer you were talking to, it is more likely to be a relocation agent. I can remember being in your shoes during the show at Sandown some three and a half years ago.

I was greeted by what can only be described as a "Canadian Del-Boy" He asked for cash upfront when I pulled a face at his fee of £4,750.00 Like Christmas said, you can download all the forms from the CIC site complete & submit them yourselves, this is all an agent will do and charge you huge sums to do it.

If you do get stuck, there is a user guide to help you and also people are more than willing to help on this site.

Best of luck

Y