Reload this Page >

Bloor/Landsdown area to rent in Toronto

Bloor/Landsdown area to rent in Toronto

Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

emjaca85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloor/Landsdown area to rent in Toronto

Originally Posted by waltsdog
As Siouxie says padmapper is pretty good, it covers craigslist and kijiji I think but you do get a lot of airbnb stuff on there which you'll probably not want.
We were in the same situation until last week, the prices seem to have gone a bit silly recently (I guess it's a summer thing) like someone else said when we arrived in April there were loads of places for decent prices.
Are you looking for sublets? That would probably be your best best bet for finding somewhere up to 6 months - ish and furnished. There are also quite a few rooms in shared houses as someone else mentioned. Also best to go for a private landlord if you're not working atm, that's worked for us.
We are gonna sublet for a couple of months right next to wellesly subway then an option to take on the new lease. its 1900 all utillities inclusive - yes expensive but I come form SE London so not so much to me in ££. But you can't beat the loaction imo. The other places we saw - with private landlords who didn't speak much English and seemed a bit dodge - at lansdowne and then Sheppard felt a bit out of the way so for $200 dollars more....

But timing is an issue now and i'd rather not go back to the hostel! So we're happy to pay that amount and sleep on blow up beds for the time being and pick up bits of furniture.

Once we have somewhere more permanent I can look for a job. my mate is just waiting to get his electricians certificate then he will join the union and hopefully get a decent paid job. They said he can earn $40+ dollars an hour after tax!

its all fun and games!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Reidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emjaca85
We are gonna sublet for a couple of months right next to wellesly subway then an option to take on the new lease. its 1900 all utillities inclusive - yes expensive but I come form SE London so not so much to me in ££. But you can't beat the loaction imo. The other places we saw - with private landlords who didn't speak much English and seemed a bit dodge - at lansdowne and then Sheppard felt a bit out of the way so for $200 dollars more....

But timing is an issue now and i'd rather not go back to the hostel! So we're happy to pay that amount and sleep on blow up beds for the time being and pick up bits of furniture.

Once we have somewhere more permanent I can look for a job. my mate is just waiting to get his electricians certificate then he will join the union and hopefully get a decent paid job. They said he can earn $40+ dollars an hour after tax!

its all fun and games!
That's good news!
Housing - tick
Job - hopefully tick soon

Enjoy your new pad.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

$1900 at Wellesely for a 2 bed all in is pretty good right now from what I've seen, so that's great news. We're not paying a lot less for 1bed plus den with the same deal.
My girlfriend and I are from SW London so we thought the rent here was fairly reasonable in comparison too.