Reload this Page >

Best way to get to ....

Best way to get to ....

Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

xxalxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to get to ....

Just a quick question folks,

I am looking at coming over to Canada for a bit of a recce trip in May, to have a look around Moncton and the surrounding area's, is the best place to fly into Halifax NS and then drive up, or are there better alternatives ?

Looking around found flights for £362 with CanadianAffair on a Thomas Cook 757 in the longer leg seats (I am 6'5" - hopefully i'll survive the flight! ).

Cheers

Al

Last edited by xxalxx; Mar 28th 2008 at 3:56 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best way to get to ....

From May you can fly direct from London Gatwick into Fredericton with Canadian Affair - not sure whether this option would be better for you but perhaps worth a look.

Lynne
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the Moncton area and every time we have come and gone we have flown into Halifax.
It is a really easy run up to Moncton from the airport and takes about two to two and a half hours.
Halifax is a really nice small airport which we have always found easy whether we are coming or going.

Fredericton is about 2 hours from Moncton, but I don't know where the airport is so I don't know how far Moncton would be from there.

If you come in at Halifax (and are hiring a car), take a look at www.wheelsabroad.com (they don't go from Fredericton). I have always found them better value than going direct with the car hire companies.
I think it is always Thrifty we get the car from but booked with wheels abroad you get better rates.
Just a thought.

Penny
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for the info

That car rental site is quite cheap, so I think Halifax is the better option and it will let me see a bit more on the drive up

Al
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:24 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Be sure to visit the now-legendary North Shore.

R.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Be sure to visit the now-legendary North Shore.

R.
Check out April 2008 Saltscapes magazine "The Last Best Place" no wonder they tried to keep the North Shore quiet! The aerial shot is where I live.

I can scan and send a copy if anyones interested. Just PM.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Check out April 2008 Saltscapes magazine "The Last Best Place" no wonder they tried to keep the North Shore quiet!
Holy crap you actually read and believe the marketing spew that comes from these glossy magazines ?

R.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:40 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xxalxx

That car rental site is quite cheap, so I think Halifax is the better option and it will let me see a bit more on the drive up

Al
Yep.....you'll see loads and loads of boring Highway...............sorry did I mention LOADS ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marathonwreck 2
Yep.....you'll see loads and loads of boring Highway...............sorry did I mention LOADS ?
Granted its not that exciting (what highway is?) but it's only 2.5hrs or so from Halifax to Moncton so not that much of a problem surely?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marathonwreck 2
I work and live in a city. Open road, sky, tree's etc etc ..... trust me

Al
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

The scenic route is The Sunrise Trail (Rte 6) from Truro, then back to Amherst and up to Moncton. Will take longer though , but worth it if you have more time.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
The scenic route is The Sunrise Trail (Rte 6) from Truro, then back to Amherst and up to Moncton. Will take longer though , but worth it if you have more time.
Woot well thats flights booked £716 return for two, including the cost for lankiness upgrade for me.

Another $296 for 6 day car hire, now just need to sort an initial hotel in Halfax overnight (flight gets in at 5:15pm - don't want to start anything then) and then off to NB the next day

Al
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn, by Halifax airport ? Web Link

Al
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't stayed there but picked up a hire car there a while back. It looked OK - bit motelish! Why not carry on and spend the night in Halifax - it's only 15 -20 mins down the BiHi - plenty of bars/entertainment for the night rather than being stuck out in the bhoonies!

Liffy
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxalxx

Al
For future ref:

http://www.frederictonairport.ca/content/1032

1.5 hours (Fredericton airport to Moncton)....max and no TOLLS...

As for the drive,,,trees are trees...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.