Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The best place to live in Canada

The best place to live in Canada

Old May 13th 2010, 4:01 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best place to live in Canada

You dont need to visit Winnipeg to know there is a long, cold winter there and that its a long way from anywhere!
Old May 13th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

canadablade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iaink
You dont need to visit Winnipeg to know there is a long, cold winter there and that its a long way from anywhere!
Long cold winters are unusal for Canada ??? I think you will find this yr Winnipeg was no worse than anywhere else.

Has for being in the middle of nowhere, it can have its advantages
Old May 13th 2010, 4:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadablade
Long cold winters are unusal for Canada ??? I think you will find this yr Winnipeg was no worse than anywhere else.

Has for being in the middle of nowhere, it can have its advantages
Fair enough, I suppose "long" and "cold" are relative terms at best

Im pretty sure it was There was very little winter in my bit of Ontario. Thank god for snow making equipment or else the ski season would have been a bust. As it was I cleared the drive way less than half a dozen times. The UK had worse storms than we did.

Im prepared to deal with 4 months of sub zero temps, down to the -20s occasionally. NO way would I chose to live in Winnepeg, where there is at least an extra month of winter, if not two, and the lows can be well into the -30s.

Last edited by iaink; May 13th 2010 at 4:57 pm.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Fair enough, I suppose "long" and "cold" are relative terms at best

Im pretty sure it was There was very little winter in my bit of Ontario. Thank god for snow making equipment or esle the ski season would have been a bust, as it was I cleared the drive way less than half a dozen times. The UK had worse storms than we did.

Im prepared to deal with 4 months of sub zero temps, down to the -20s occasionally. NO way would I chose to live in Winnepeg, where there is at least an extra month of winter, if not two, and the lows can be well into the -30s.
and it has a bug. Or multiple bugs.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:44 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I thought that was Toledo, Ohio.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XZUGSSYlPYI
I have done it in Toledo also. Thanks for the John Denver link. I have always enjoyed his music, but then I'm old and don't care what people think anymore.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:46 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I have done it in Toledo also. Thanks for the John Denver link. I have always enjoyed his music, but then I'm old and don't care what people think anymore.
I like John Denver too. It's okay.

Though this probably means we're the same person using multiple IDs.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I like John Denver too. It's okay.

Though this probably means we're the same person using multiple IDs.
Or the same braincell. Either way zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old May 13th 2010, 6:10 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Or the same braincell. Either way zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rapier wit.

Always good to read.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by R I C H
Rapier wit.

Always good to read.
3 out of 10 for the attempt at Irony

Let's be honest this site is full of missiological posters, perpertrating to know more than they do about places and things they have never experienced.

Again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old May 13th 2010, 6:22 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I was being ironic?

Pardon me for causing more zzzz's. It wasn't a compulsory read.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

I was being ironic?

Over 3,000 posts on a forum, you need to get out more.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:32 pm
Pea Brain

Over 3,000 posts on a forum, you need to get out more.
I know. Less than 2 posts per day is crushing my social interaction.

Thanks for the advice
Old May 13th 2010, 6:45 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be honest this site is full of missiological posters, perpertrating to know more than they do about places and things they have never experienced.

Again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I was sufficiently intrigued by that word to look it up.

"Missiology is the area of practical theology that investigates the mandate, message, and work of the Christian missionary. Missiology is a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural reflection on all aspects of the propagation of the Christian faith, embracing theology, anthropology, history, geography, theories and methods of communication, comparative religion, Christian apologetics, methodology, and interdenominational relations.

Because missiology considers both the positive and the negative consequences, as well as the strategies of the spread of Christianity, missiology also touches on the environmental impact of evangelization and charitable work, including practical facets of international politics and economic development.

One goal of missiology is to distinguish between practices that are essential to Christianity which must be practiced by Christians in all cultures, and other strictly cultural expressions of Christianity that can vary between societies while still expressing the Christian faith."

You learn something new every day.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I was sufficiently intrigued by that word to look it up.

"Missiology is the area of practical theology that investigates the mandate, message, and work of the Christian missionary. Missiology is a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural reflection on all aspects of the propagation of the Christian faith, embracing theology, anthropology, history, geography, theories and methods of communication, comparative religion, Christian apologetics, methodology, and interdenominational relations.

Because missiology considers both the positive and the negative consequences, as well as the strategies of the spread of Christianity, missiology also touches on the environmental impact of evangelization and charitable work, including practical facets of international politics and economic development.

One goal of missiology is to distinguish between practices that are essential to Christianity which must be practiced by Christians in all cultures, and other strictly cultural expressions of Christianity that can vary between societies while still expressing the Christian faith."

You learn something new every day.
Hurrah for plain English.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I was being ironic?

Fortunately thats true of much here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.