Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best curry in Halifax

Best curry in Halifax

Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:56 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best curry in Halifax

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I just realised I should have posted an update on where we did go...

We went to the Taj Mahal. The food was excellent - in fact I still dream about it from time to time (perhaps I am suffering curry withdrawal!). The service was also really good - our waiter was british and as he explained "not suprisingly I get quite a lot of brits in here".

It was a little expensive - main courses were around $20 each. In particular the wine was expensive - cheapest bottle was $38 I think. Also the portions werent huge so you have to order some popadoms and naan bred etc (what a shame!) but like I say the food was really excellent.

I think we'll give the Curry Village a try next time just to see how that compares.

Ziggy8080 - did I read above that you were planning to host a curry night?

If you ask me we (the BE Members in NS) should form a concortium and set-up our own British-style Curry House (you know, proper yellow pilau rice etc). I figured if we all put in a couple of $k each we would have the start-up capital to get a decent chef over from Bradford and set-up the restaurant; serve all our favourite dishes and at a discount for "shareholders". Who's in with me?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:57 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NSpaul

Ziggy8080 - did I read above that you were planning to host a curry night?

If you ask me we (the BE Members in NS) should form a concortium and set-up our own British-style Curry House (you know, proper yellow pilau rice etc). I figured if we all put in a couple of $k each we would have the start-up capital to get a decent chef over from Bradford and set-up the restaurant; serve all our favourite dishes and at a discount for "shareholders". Who's in with me?
LOL, dunno about that, can't make it large qty!

I do have the authentic stuff to make yellow and red speckly rice though! Yes, it's called food colouring.

I'm off to England next month where i will be eating as many curries as I can... when I get I can maybe do a curry night.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NSpaul

Where do i sign ? Should go down well around here.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:48 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in as well - put me name down for some shares.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:49 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I'm in as well - put me name down for some shares.
Me too, can we get the chef over on a PNP?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Well thats 4 of us - how many do we need ??!