Bedding

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bedding

Originally Posted by snowgoose
Well, CDNReturner, everyone else seems to be ignoring you - but explain please - I might be interested and I'm not a million miles away from you!
Thank you Snowgoose. I have a soft furnishings business from home but I also work (on an as needed basis) for a store in town that specializes in bedding. They make their own duvets so you can have any size made that you want from baby cot size and dog beds to any other odd shapes (my godmother used to have a round bed!!!). They also specialize in duvet covers and basically import them from anywhere (including Europe) from what I can see. I specifically like this store because they do all the wild and wonderful colours that you used to be able to get at Next and Designers Guild (europeans and brits are definitely more colourful). And failing that they make the duvet covers to order (which is where I come in). I don't really know their pricing but I expect she is VERY expensive judging by the price she charged for a comforter (as opposed to duvet) I made 2 weeks ago (and for some reason the invoice to the customer was attached to the order!). What I will say is you should be able to get a basic queen duvet cover made up for about $60 if you find someone like me (labour only and no frills) but I know there are many places that will charge up to $240 to make a basic queen duvet cover (which I can't for the life of me figure out how that is justified). Anyway, in recent months I've made up quite a lot of them but my real specialty is drapery which I also do for the same store (or private clients when I can get them). I'm currently approaching more designers in the area to try and get their business. PM me if you want to know what the store is or are looking at hiring me!!!!

I belong to a little network forum of people like me in Canada and I think my network has one or two people in Vancouver if anyone out there is looking for someone to sew up specific sizes.

Cathie
SEW...SIMPLE ELEGANCE
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

Thanks Cathie - I have to agree with you regarding colours - Canadians seem to be afraid of colour. Every house I've been in over here is done in shades of beige; :scared: makes me wonder why they do so many shade cards for paint!
A friend of mine, a painter & decorator by trade, has just taken the plunge and painted his own living room in a shade of grey-blue - very adventurous.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

I think people are in shock when they come to my house. I found a gorgeous yellow fabric with huge red poppies on it......so most of my house is red and yellow......forget all that taupe stuff (until I moved here didn't even know what taupe was.....turned out to be just another word for boring beige!!!!).
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:50 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
......forget all that taupe stuff (until I moved here didn't even know what taupe was.....turned out to be just another word for boring beige!!!!).
Most of the main part of ours is a warm but pale yellow .... it's a lovely sunshiney house ........ with accent colours in some of the rooms. Our dining area is a gorgeous burgundy red. We have a chocolatey brown wall in our bedroom and one of our boys has a sort of aquamarine wall in his!

The basement is a horse of a completely different colour .... or lots of colours actually! We have two tones of orange in the kitchen area, and the living room is two shades of blue/grey and we still have some of the same yellow in parts. The bathroom is lilac/lavender!

We love it, cos it is neither too dark, not starkly white as many basements are. It is warm, bright and colourful. It'll be interesting to see what Canadians think of it if we ever sell!

I'll post some pics soon as it's almost finished. I did post pics of what it was like before some time ago ........