Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Becoming a Canadian (dual with British)

Becoming a Canadian (dual with British)

Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

indigoagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Becoming a Canadian (dual with British)

Hi, you probably don't remember me, I'm Mrs "Rhodes" - we were both here on British Expats a few years ago when we moved from England to Ontario.

Rhodes is now eligible for Canadian citizenship, we've been here almost FOUR years (and the children and I are already Canadian) - so I'm here wondering how the process to become a Canadian has been, for any of you who have gone through it.

He will still keep his British citizenship of course, but add Canadian citizenship in the next year or so.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences with the application process, the tests, the swearing-in ceremony etc.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becoming a Canadian (dual with British)

I remember you guys

Citizenship is a doddle, all it takes is a couple of hundred bucks for the application, and about a year or sos patience to process, do the test and then the swearing in. Timelines vary by location...could be more, could be less.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I guess we start the process and see how long it takes LOL
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:11 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoagain View Post
Thanks, I guess we start the process and see how long it takes LOL
About 9 months for us, IIRC. Also in Ontario (GTA).
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks