Reload this Page >

BC driving licence

BC driving licence

Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Kezzie5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: BC driving licence

Originally Posted by printer
I don't think you will necessarily need supervision as this means you will be on an L. You may be able to get your N plate which allows driving alone but with some restrictions. All depends on actual time you have held UK licence. They gave my son credit from the date on his original UK provisional licence and not from the actual day he started driving so he didn't have to wait as long as he thought before doing his test.

He has just now taken his full test after doing a year on his N and passed. When the examiner got into his old mud covered truck she said she wouldn't be engaging in much conversation as she thought it best he had all his concentration, then she said "but you may have the radio on if you like"
I believe I'll be in the same position as your son. I'm arriving in Canada next week (on a BUNAC working holiday visa) and have held my provisional UK license for several years. I contacted ICBC and explained to them that I've got my provisional and have had lessons here - infact the only reason I can't take my test before I leave is because of awful UK weather.

So to my understanding: I'll study here then arrive, take the written test, maybe take a couple of hours with an instructor in the car just to make sure I know what the examiner will be looking out for, then I can take my road test. And if I pass I'll get an N. Is this correct? Thank you.