BC driving licence

Wikiposts

BC driving licence

Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

upthedale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC driving licence

Hi all
Does anybody the know the process you have to go through to exchange your UK driving licence to a BC one as it seems to differ from province to province.

cheers M.N
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC driving licence

Originally Posted by upthedale
Hi all
Does anybody the know the process you have to go through to exchange your UK driving licence to a BC one as it seems to differ from province to province.

cheers M.N
No exchanges in BC....you have to take the driving test within 90 days of taking up residency, (as opposed to when you land, which could be different).

Check out this BC driving licence website for further info.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I had to sit my tests (theory and road).
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:09 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

cheers M.N
Go into your local ICBC driver services centre - map of locations in vancouver: http://apps.icbc.com/locator/results...istance=15+kms. They'll give you a book to study for the theory test, you'll also need to take a practical driving test. Search the forum - lots of advise.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:06 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Gettin...27s_license-BC
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:44 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The wiki is pretty accurate on this. Is that your work JonboyE?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:56 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
The wiki is pretty accurate on this. Is that your work JonboyE?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

upthedale is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your advice on this matter its been a big help....just one last thing Do they need my counterpart..(the paper part)
Cheers again

Last edited by upthedale; Jan 14th 2010 at 2:52 pm. Reason: add
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:36 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your advice on this matter its been a big help....just one last thing Do they need my counterpart..(the paper part)
Cheers again
No, they don't care about that bit.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

passtest is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for informative things
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

andreip is an unknown quantity at this point

Passing this test within 90 days means a class 5 or 7 ?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:56 am
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by andreip
Passing this test within 90 days means a class 5 or 7 ?
As long as you have held you UK license for 2 or more years you get a class 5 license when you pass the driving test.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

d20awy is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh - just read this post and wiki. I won't have 2 years UK driving experience by the time i get to Canada. Therefore it looks like I'll be able to drive for 90 days when I arrive but then I have to do the learner driver programme, which means you have to be a learner driver for 1 year (hence always have to be supervised by someone in the car)! Thats seems quite ridiculous given that I will have been driving for 90 days already.... Have I got this right?

If so- anyone know any loopholes? The wiki mentions going to the US and back may be a possibility? I'm coming out on a Bunac Visa for a year...

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:27 am
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by d20awy
If so- anyone know any loopholes? The wiki mentions going to the US and back may be a possibility? I'm coming out on a Bunac Visa for a year...
As far as I can tell this is a gray area. It depends on whether someone on a BUNAC visa is considered a resident of BC. All I can suggest is you write (or email) ICBC and ask them. I say that you should write because it is something the ICBC staff don't seem to be in agreement with each other about so if you are going to rely on a ruling that you don't need a BC license then you want this in writing.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you will necessarily need supervision as this means you will be on an L. You may be able to get your N plate which allows driving alone but with some restrictions. All depends on actual time you have held UK licence. They gave my son credit from the date on his original UK provisional licence and not from the actual day he started driving so he didn't have to wait as long as he thought before doing his test.

He has just now taken his full test after doing a year on his N and passed. When the examiner got into his old mud covered truck she said she wouldn't be engaging in much conversation as she thought it best he had all his concentration, then she said "but you may have the radio on if you like"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.