bankruptcy

Old May 23rd 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future
Default bankruptcy

hi guys.
a friend of mine has been questioning me for weeks about me going to canada.
now he has come to me and says he really fancies it.
he has no criminal record,but he is going to declare himself bankrupt.i have told him that it may effect him and stop him from going,but as i dont really know the answer,i told him that i know people that probably will.
so come on guys,prove me right.
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:12 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bankruptcy

Being a bankrupt will have no affect on his application.
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Except it may make it more challenging to be able to afford to immigrate as far as processsing fees, landing funds, moving expenses etc. if they find all their money being redirected to their creditors and cost of living etc.
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:56 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I would say if he applies under a route which has a requirement to show Proof of Funds (i.e. without a job offer) then it might be problematic if he is still an undischarged bankrupt - really it would be better to apply once discharged.

Whilst there is nothing specifically in the Regulations that say someone is inadmissible for being bankrupt, a Visa Officer does have the ability to refuse an application if he/she believes the applicant will be unable to become "economically established".
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:07 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, as long as he has the required funds upon landing there is no need for him to declare he is a discharged/undischarged bankrupt or that he is leaving the UK with unpaid debt. To the best of my knowledge there is no bankruptcy question on the application.
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Anytime you apply for credit, and even certain jobs (like mine), ask if you've ever been declared bankrupt, and this includes bankruptcy overseas.

If you have been declared bankrupt, and you dont declare, I'm not sure how they'll ever find out, but it's a risk you'll have to take. Answering yes will cause you a shit load of problems I would guess.
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm
Banned

The original question was not about obtaining credit in Canada. Agreed that if he applies for credit here and answers no to the Bankruptcy question, he could be accused of obtaining credit by fraud.