Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Back in UK - House in NS

Back in UK - House in NS

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Back in UK - House in NS

Wow, what a gorgeous house! Congratulations!

Hope your house here flies off the shelf soon
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Good luck with selling the house.

You'll be back before you know it.

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
We are over on our first recce to NS in about 6 weeks, can't wait.
Sounds like another excuse for a meet up!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi destinationnovascotia..
Lovely house ,what a view
We are coming out on Oct for a reccie, maybe catch up with you guys when we arrive
Arty & Co
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi destinationnovascotia..
Lovely house ,what a view
We are coming out on Oct for a reccie, maybe catch up with you guys when we arrive
Arty & Co
Sounds good. I hope that I can be there by then - UK house selling the only hold up now
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ,
i am sure the house will sell faster than you think,interest rates will surely fall by 0.5% and then some, people will start to buy again
Keep us informed on how you get on.
Arty & Co
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
I have just arrived back in the UK after 2 fantastic weeks in NS. My family and I came on our house-hunting trip and have found a great property that meets all our needs and we complete on June 12th.

I am really depressed about having to come back to the UK when I really want to be in Nova Scotia shopping for things to put into my house.

However, I would like to thank all of the folk that I met on my trip.

Thanks to UK angel and family for a great chat at Heathrow whilst waiting to board the plane. I hope that your reccie went swimmingly.

Thanks to corky for being so welcoming and friendly on our visit - and for the house selling tips.

Thanks to Val50, amydavid, lisa, clematis girl, esme, poppy2, ayrlass and netrefugee (hope I didn't miss anyone) for coming to the meet up and making it a great social occasion.

Thanks to all of those who have given me advice and help along the way (I will be back for more).

And most of all a huge thanks to poppy2 and her family, without your support and friendship we wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much as we did and wouldn't have had half the fun and laughs.

I really look forward to seeing you all again when I move over for good.

Lynn

PS: If any of you are interested, you can see my house on mls (40863474). I would post piccies but I am feeling jet-lagged.
Oh Lynn, I feel sooo sorry for you being lumbered with THAT house

I am speechless...would you not really like to trade with me and come to SK instead

It must be killing you to be back in UK knowing such a beautiful home is waiting for you over in NS, what a lovely retreat for when you return and i wish you many many happy years there.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:56 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

****** **** $275k

You'll have to do something about the paint in that second bedroom. Otherwise, what a fabulous place.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
****** **** $275k

You'll have to do something about the paint in that second bedroom. Otherwise, what a fabulous place.
Doesn't actually look quite so bright in real life, not my choice of colours though.
However, my 7 year old loves it as is also has 'glow in the dark' stars and planets on the ceiling.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:47 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Oh Lynn, I feel sooo sorry for you being lumbered with THAT house

I am speechless...would you not really like to trade with me and come to SK instead

It must be killing you to be back in UK knowing such a beautiful home is waiting for you over in NS, what a lovely retreat for when you return and i wish you many many happy years there.
Lynn hasnt formally agreed to this yet, but I thought it might be a good idea if my family moved in to her NS mansion whilst she sells her house back in the UK, in a custodial sense of course. It would be like the Hillbillies meet Maid in Manhatten....................mostly because I look like Jennifer Lopez, innit. If I could just train little Zebidiah to not pee in the corners of rooms...........

Thats right isnt it Lynn?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Absolutely
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:01 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

If it makes you feel even better, the cheapest house listed in White Rock, BC is a 50 year old, 1,000 sf, 1 bathroom place on a city lot with no view ... $475,000
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Completely lovely DNS - congratulations you must be absolutely thrilled