Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Back in UK - House in NS

Back in UK - House in NS

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back in UK - House in NS

I have just arrived back in the UK after 2 fantastic weeks in NS. My family and I came on our house-hunting trip and have found a great property that meets all our needs and we complete on June 12th.

I am really depressed about having to come back to the UK when I really want to be in Nova Scotia shopping for things to put into my house.

However, I would like to thank all of the folk that I met on my trip.

Thanks to UK angel and family for a great chat at Heathrow whilst waiting to board the plane. I hope that your reccie went swimmingly.

Thanks to corky for being so welcoming and friendly on our visit - and for the house selling tips.

Thanks to Val50, amydavid, lisa, clematis girl, esme, poppy2, ayrlass and netrefugee (hope I didn't miss anyone) for coming to the meet up and making it a great social occasion.

Thanks to all of those who have given me advice and help along the way (I will be back for more).

And most of all a huge thanks to poppy2 and her family, without your support and friendship we wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much as we did and wouldn't have had half the fun and laughs.

I really look forward to seeing you all again when I move over for good.

Lynn

PS: If any of you are interested, you can see my house on mls (40863474). I would post piccies but I am feeling jet-lagged.

Last edited by destinationnovascotia; Apr 2nd 2008 at 3:23 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:27 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in UK - House in NS

I cant beleive you have got on here so quick!!! Glad you got home safely and had a good 2 weeks - we had a great time too and cant wait for you to get over here for good!

Get some sleep for goodness sake! Hope the viewings come thick and fast now and you ge that house sold!!!!

It wont be long now
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
I cant beleive you have got on here so quick!!! Glad you got home safely and had a good 2 weeks - we had a great time too and cant wait for you to get over here for good!

Get some sleep for goodness sake! Hope the viewings come thick and fast now and you ge that house sold!!!!

It wont be long now
OK boss
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:54 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you got back safely. Just had a look at the house on MLS and one word...JEALOUS! Congratulations on your purchase and here is to many, many years spent enjoying it!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, the house looks lovely!

We are over on our first recce to NS in about 6 weeks, can't wait.

You don't have too long to wait now hope your sale goes quickly
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
I have just arrived back in the UK after 2 fantastic weeks in NS. My family and I came on our house-hunting trip and have found a great property that meets all our needs and we complete on June 12th.

I am really depressed about having to come back to the UK when I really want to be in Nova Scotia shopping for things to put into my house.

However, I would like to thank all of the folk that I met on my trip.

Thanks to UK angel and family for a great chat at Heathrow whilst waiting to board the plane. I hope that your reccie went swimmingly.

Thanks to corky for being so welcoming and friendly on our visit - and for the house selling tips.

Thanks to Val50, amydavid, lisa, clematis girl, esme, poppy2, ayrlass and netrefugee (hope I didn't miss anyone) for coming to the meet up and making it a great social occasion.

Thanks to all of those who have given me advice and help along the way (I will be back for more).

And most of all a huge thanks to poppy2 and her family, without your support and friendship we wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much as we did and wouldn't have had half the fun and laughs.

I really look forward to seeing you all again when I move over for good.

Lynn

PS: If any of you are interested, you can see my house on mls (40863474). I would post piccies but I am feeling jet-lagged.
Nice Gaff...couldnt buy that for 130,000 GBP could you??

Thinking of a move East myself one day...looking to buy something similar..

Good luck in your new life...Cheers Pompeyboy
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Nice Gaff...couldnt buy that for 130,000 GBP could you??

Thinking of a move East myself one day...looking to buy something similar..

Good luck in your new life...Cheers Pompeyboy

I do believe that you jolly well could! Also if the pound keeps rising against the dollar, you may be able to buy a whole lot more...or so I am hoping as my house in the UK is currently up for sale
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

eldoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello destinationnovascotia..

What an absolutely beautiful house! It's gorgeous!

Sounds like you all had a right ball over there! I've been reading all the posts..

Hopefully - we'll be able to join in on one of these get togethers if we ever manage to get over to NS for a recce - I keep making plans then having to change them!

I'm up your neck of the woods tomorrow night in Tunstall... so I'll wave as i go past!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:54 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations... The house looks absolutely gorgeous....

Charlie
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

UKangel is on a distinguished road

You speedy devil! Congrats - it looks lovely and what a view.

Thanks for meeting up with us many bits of your advice came back to us as we drove around areas, looked at houses and met with certain people!!

We had a great trip and a couple of positive leads as far as work is concerned and hope to be back in a couple of months to move things on - will no doubt have loads more questions needing answering before then!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Congratulations on your purchase it looks lovely and you have done very well. You would be struggling to purchase a property of that age and size on the North Shore for the same money. I like that area, when we were there 3 years ago we did not see the right property for us.

Sorry we missed you in Halifax, good luck with your house sale.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hi Well what is the weather like in UK? Glad to had a safe trip home and I wish you a speedy sale and a quick return...you know what you have to do!!!So get digging!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by UKangel
You speedy devil! Congrats - it looks lovely and what a view.

Thanks for meeting up with us many bits of your advice came back to us as we drove around areas, looked at houses and met with certain people!!

We had a great trip and a couple of positive leads as far as work is concerned and hope to be back in a couple of months to move things on - will no doubt have loads more questions needing answering before then!
Glad things went well. Perhaps we will meet again. I will be over in June to complete on our sale.

Originally Posted by Corky
Hi Well what is the weather like in UK? Glad to had a safe trip home and I wish you a speedy sale and a quick return...you know what you have to do!!!So get digging!
Digging starts tomorrow - nod, nod, wink, wink. I will have to weed the garden anyway just in case we have a viewing this weekend.

The weather is very British
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to everyone for there good wishes. Perhaps I will see some of you in June.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and before you know it you will be here. That is how it felt for us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.