Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Back in London

Back in London

Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:19 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Back in London

I've just come back to London after being in Canada and Sydney for 2 years with only one week in England during that time.

I can safely say I have definitely made the right choice moving away from here! When you have been in such nice places as Whistler (north of Vancouver) and Sydney you come back to London and it just looks so scuzzy! Admittedly there are scuzzy areas in Vancouver and Sydney, and I am currently not in the greatest part of London, but it is still making me want to jump on a plane straight back to Canada. I've already decided to move my flight forward by 5 days so I'm back to Canada on the 17th Sept!

To everyone worried about whether you're making the right move, I don't think you'll regret it!!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in London

Originally Posted by H143
but it is still making me want to jump on a plane straight back to Canada.
Don't forget: no hand luggage.

There's even rumours that the Government is planning to force the cinemas to show a warning at the beginning of "Snakes On A Plane" reminding the audience that "snakes can not be taken on a plane".

K.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:32 pm

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

I'm guessing you're joking!!

Yes my flight landed back from Canada right smack bang in the middle of the terrorist thing on Thursday so definitely won't forget about the hand luggage! Thanks though.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing you're joking!!
It says something quite profound about the times in which we live (and New Labour) that you're not completely sure if I'm joking..

K.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:44 pm
Livin' it large in BC.

Chops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to all

Strange; a good friend of mine returned from 6 years in Sydney last weekend and is loving being back in London. Last night we saw a show in Sloane Square then had a meal in an award winning Inidan restaurant in Chelsea, all very nice.

He really enjoyed Sydney for the first year but grew very tired of it after that. He stuck it out this long so as to get his Australian passport and because his wife and mother in law are very close.

I guess it's horses-for-courses but give me moutains and adventure over culture any day!

Ian.

I've just come back to London after being in Canada and Sydney for 2 years with only one week in England during that time.

I can safely say I have definitely made the right choice moving away from here! When you have been in such nice places as Whistler (north of Vancouver) and Sydney you come back to London and it just looks so scuzzy! Admittedly there are scuzzy areas in Vancouver and Sydney, and I am currently not in the greatest part of London, but it is still making me want to jump on a plane straight back to Canada. I've already decided to move my flight forward by 5 days so I'm back to Canada on the 17th Sept!

To everyone worried about whether you're making the right move, I don't think you'll regret it!!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:52 pm

K, I guess maybe I've been away too long already...have forgotten about the Blair government already!

Chops, I guess me being in Hackney right now doesn't help! lol. I can see why some people might prefer London to Sydney but for scenery Sydney is miles better than London.

But I'm with you, mountains and adventure over city life for sure!