Reload this Page >

Babcock marine interview

Babcock marine interview

Old Oct 23rd 2015, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Confusedmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Babcock marine interview

Hi,

My husband has an interview next week with Babcock marine, it isn't for a specific job he gave them his cv and they want to see where he could fit (if anywhere) in the company.

He knows the job titles of the guys doing the interview but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the job titles structure for the company or even a similar one as I am assuming it will be different to the UK.
Trying to get a feel of the level of job he is potentially interviewing for and if one is offered then what sort of level it is.

Desperate to leave the awful town I live in and the company he works for never got back to him about a transfer so really hoping for this to go well.
Fingers crossed

Thankyou (also sorry if this is in the wrong section)
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 2:59 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babcock marine interview

Odds of finding someone who works at that specific company on BE are slim. However if you share with us what your husband does & what his currently title is, we might be able to comment on what a similar role/title would be called in Canada.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

He is an Engineering manager in a marine defence company.

Wasn't really sure if an engineering manager here is the same as an engineering manager there.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 6:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked on Glassdoor.com? They often have reviews, salaries, job descriptions (and vacancies) on the website.

Where are they located?

Edited to say, I found one job with them in Canada that might be relevant. https://www.babcockinternational.com...UK&mask=stdext

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 23rd 2015 at 7:04 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou will have a look, never heard of that site so thankyou.

They have offices in Halifax, Victoria and Ottawa, so not only do we not know what job he could be given but we have no idea where we would end up if he is offered something lol.

I like to research things to death and be organised so the lack of information is driving me crazy!
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 7:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confusedmum
Thankyou will have a look, never heard of that site so thankyou.

They have offices in Halifax, Victoria and Ottawa, so not only do we not know what job he could be given but we have no idea where we would end up if he is offered something lol.

I like to research things to death and be organised so the lack of information is driving me crazy!
I totally understand, lol.

I did find one job which I put the link to in my previous post as an edit.

Old Oct 24th 2015, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confusedmum
Hi,

My husband has an interview next week with Babcock marine, it isn't for a specific job he gave them his cv and they want to see where he could fit (if anywhere) in the company.

He knows the job titles of the guys doing the interview but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the job titles structure for the company or even a similar one as I am assuming it will be different to the UK.
Trying to get a feel of the level of job he is potentially interviewing for and if one is offered then what sort of level it is.

Desperate to leave the awful town I live in and the company he works for never got back to him about a transfer so really hoping for this to go well.
Fingers crossed

Thankyou (also sorry if this is in the wrong section)
Sned me a message with any specific questions you have and I'll ask my friend's hubby, who is currently working for Babcock's on a TWP, pending PR.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:55 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend of a friend working in Victoria for Babcock...