Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:11 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Yeabut. How about a photo of the barrios?
So, you want to see more? This is the beach that I just got back from only 30 minutes ago. Maybe I'll post some pics of a barrio later.

The water in the foreground seen in the first two photos is from a fresh water spring. The last photo shows some of the vegetation growing near the source of the spring only a few hundred meters from the beach.
Attached Thumbnails Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01821.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01819.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01801.jpg  

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 9th 2006 at 8:17 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:28 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the additional pics, Ocean. They are lovely.

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
The last photo shows some of the vegetation growing near the source of the spring only a few hundred meters from the beach.
May I use the photo of the vegetation as the wallpaper for my desktop?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:46 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Thanks for the additional pics, Ocean. They are lovely.

May I use the photo of the vegetation as the wallpaper for my desktop?
Certainly Judy.

Here's a few more including a barrio shot. The 3rd and 4th shots are of the very southern tip of the Baja peninsula. These photos were taken only a few minutes ago.
Attached Thumbnails Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01836.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01850.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01855.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01847.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01857.jpg  

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 9th 2006 at 10:07 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:49 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly Judy.
Thanks, Ocean.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly Judy.

Here's a few more including a barrio shot. The 3rd and 4th shots are of the very southern tip of the Baja peninsula. These photos were taken only a few minutes ago.
OK, now how about the lesbians?

link deleted by moderator; reason, far too interesting.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:33 am
mañana is my busiest day

OK, now how about the lesbians?
I thought that you would never ask.... right after my home here in Cabo was finished, a couple of lesbians came to my door and asked me if they could come in and have a look around (I was already living in it)..... I told them no, figuring if they wouldn't let me in on the fun, then why should I do anything for them.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 10th 2006 at 2:36 am.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:10 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Seems a few people want to see more. So it's back to the oasis, in what is a semi-arid region of Mexico dominated by cacti. These photos are optimized to be displayed on a HDTV (16:9).
Attached Thumbnails Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01784.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01788.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01790.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01792.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01796.jpg  

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 10th 2006 at 12:25 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics. I worry that the cruise ship contains golfers and fishers but I'll let you off this once
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:25 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Nice pics. I worry that the cruise ship contains golfers and fishers but I'll let you off this once
I would be more worried about the "cruise ship virus" (aka Norwalk virus).

This morning I walked/climbed up the face of the highest mountain shown in post #18 (2nd photo) and took a few photos from the top. The places in these photos are easy to see on "Google Earth" - at the very southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.

Photo #1 - looking west out at the Pacific Ocean, at some resorts and at the wealthy Pedregal area on the mountain , #2 is Cabo Marina - the largest harbor in Mexico, #3 - looking east at "Land's End", "Lovers' Beach" and the Sea of Cortes
Attached Thumbnails Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01896.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01908.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01918.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01924.jpg   Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc01905.jpg  

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 10th 2006 at 11:45 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you're all dying for an update on this crucial thread. Well, I'm here to tell you that it continues to be a-not snowing in Richmond Hill. I'll get back to you all when winter starts.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:11 am
mañana is my busiest day

I'm sure you're all dying for an update on this crucial thread. Well, I'm here to tell you that it continues to be a-not snowing in Richmond Hill. I'll get back to you all when winter starts.
I wonder what the odds are - based on historical data - of Toronto having a green (or brown) Christmas? My guess would be around 1 in 20.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:17 am
Born again atheist

I wonder what the odds are - based on historical data - of Toronto having a green (or brown) Christmas? My guess would be around 1 in 20.
You think? I could do some googling but I seem to remember more non-white Xmases than not in recent times (last 25 years). (Usually we have had a bit of snow by now, but it normally melts quite quickly again in December, it's after that that the stuff sticks around).

Any yet in Baja?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:21 am
Born again atheist

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/...s.html?ref=rss

Global warming, innit?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:23 am
mañana is my busiest day

You think? I could do some googling but I seem to remember more non-white Xmases than not in recent times (last 25 years). (Usually we have had a bit of snow by now, but it normally melts quite quickly again in December, it's after that that the stuff sticks around).

Any yet in Baja?
Yeah, maybe you are right. My experience is more with K-W, where they normally get a little more snowfall annually and are at a higher altitude than Toronto. These differences aren't big, but they are significant.

The Baja (northern part) can get snow up in the mountains, but I have never seen any snow in the mountains of the southern half of the Baja.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:26 am
mañana is my busiest day

Perhaps. I can't recall ever having a green or brown Christmas in Waterloo, and I spent 25 years there. We came close a few times though.

Here's a view of our mountains taken yesterday:

BTW, the white stuff ain't slush.
Attached Thumbnails Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!-dsc02708.jpg  

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 23rd 2006 at 3:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.