Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

areas to avoid in winnipeg

areas to avoid in winnipeg

Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

CJ6680 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default areas to avoid in winnipeg

can any one give honest oppinions as to which areas or districts to avoid buying property in winnipeg
thanks
Old Aug 15th 2003, 7:33 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: areas to avoid in winnipeg

Originally posted by CJ6680
can any one give honest oppinions as to which areas or districts to avoid buying property in winnipeg
thanks

IMHO: where ever you go to, rent first and then you will get a great idea of the areas, and which are the best neighbourhoods. Also, it is a bit trying when you buy somewhere and find the commute is a killer

Clare
Old Aug 15th 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice Clare. Years ago I knew a chartered accountant for one of the major firms. Emigrated from the UK - came on a visit and bought a house. Well, it certainly was not an area I would have wanted to live in!

Then he had to try to sell it again once he realized that it was not a suitable neighbourhood!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

shaz2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: areas to avoid in winnipeg

[HI there,
Just saw your e-mail and I am in Winnipeg at the moment.
I recommend southwest Winnipeg, Charleswood area.. big yards older homes. Whyte Ridge is newer homes but smaller lots... 120,000 and up..
You should avoid the north end of the city and downtown area...

I am planning on moving back here with my British husband and am looking at homes at the moment... let me know if you have anymore questions..

Enjoy the winter!!:scared: