Reload this Page >

Applying Under New Federal System

Applying Under New Federal System

Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:31 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Applying Under New Federal System

Hi There

I hope someone maybe be able to help, we are hoping to secure a job and come over to Canada on a work Permit,but due to current world economics may look at applying for PR before coming over.
My Husband is a trained Automotive Service Technician with over 20 years experience

But he has done 5 years in the last 10 of Plant Maintenance Electician, ( which comes under Industrial Electrician )
unfortunaley in the UK, there wasnt a qualification for this job and it was mostly carried out by Auto Electricians moving up as the pay was better.

My husband has worked on lots of Plant ranging from hand pallet trucks to warehouse reach trucks, electric, diesel and LPG and terminal tractor units, more recently, some earthmoving vehicles, diggers, concrete trucks and various skifield equipment inc snow graders,

My question is, who or how do i get confirmation from that we can apply under the Federal skilled worker program as an Industrial Electrician based on my husbands skills and expeirence or do we just take the plunge and risk it?

Any Help most welcomed

Tigger
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:47 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Applying Under New Federal System

Originally Posted by TiggerLottie
Hi There

I hope someone maybe be able to help, we are hoping to secure a job and come over to Canada on a work Permit,but due to current world economics may look at applying for PR before coming over.
My Husband is a trained Automotive Service Technician with over 20 years experience

But he has done 5 years in the last 10 of Plant Maintenance Electician, ( which comes under Industrial Electrician )
unfortunaley in the UK, there wasnt a qualification for this job and it was mostly carried out by Auto Electricians moving up as the pay was better.

My husband has worked on lots of Plant ranging from hand pallet trucks to warehouse reach trucks, electric, diesel and LPG and terminal tractor units, more recently, some earthmoving vehicles, diggers, concrete trucks and various skifield equipment inc snow graders,

My question is, who or how do i get confirmation from that we can apply under the Federal skilled worker program as an Industrial Electrician based on my husbands skills and expeirence or do we just take the plunge and risk it?

Any Help most welcomed

Tigger
check out this link then search the NOC codes to see if there is a match.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list
Old Dec 24th 2008, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

7312: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics is probably the closest I can see there, though where the definition of 'heavy' begins will probably be the deciding factor.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 5:59 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TiggerLottie
Hi There

Any Help most welcomed

Tigger
so has he done 5yrs electrician course in the uk??
if he comes in under industrial elctrician he will need to sit a licence.
Here in alberta he will need to contact the AAIT to get assed, with that he can gain a job and come in under the TWP, they seems alot of construction electricians around, but sadly not the industrial guys

if you need any advise just PM us, i know that we came on a TWP and even with the current climate the jobs are about if you have the right skills
Industrial electricians are also under the E-LMO which comes through in around 3/4 weeks, so very quick

Good luck
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:34 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Hi Moon

Thanks for you help on this

My husband has following Qualifications

City & Guilds Certificate in Motor Vehicle Electrician’s Craft Studies Part 1

City & Guilds Certificate in Motor Vehicle Electrician’s Craft Studies Part 2

Motor Vehicle Electrical Servicing - RTITB practical Skills and Knowledge

Also some day courses done with Komatsu on their Lift trucks

In all he did just over 4 years training, and had 20years expeirence, 8+ are on Various plant maintance/Servicing

also done an Air conditioing course since being in New Zealand

Has References from all employers in UK

Just not sure who to approach, to get an answer that yes or no you can apply under this code

Although hoping to secure a job and come over on TWP, always good to have a back up plan and with the new list, applying for PR is now alot faster and now AN OPTION...if we can get on "the list "

Last edited by TiggerLottie; Dec 25th 2008 at 12:34 pm. Reason: spelt word wrong
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:47 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Your hubby is not a industrial electrician.....

An industrial electrician looks after large machines within a factory setting, many more duties, but that is the big part of there job, if there is a fault on the machine then the industrial electrician must get that said machine to work.
To gain this title and also get his said licence he must have done electrics in the uk, not car electrics

He must also challenge the red seal exam which covers domestic/commercial and industrial, so must know his stuff when they are here, the exam is 4hrs long.........

by what you have explained he is under the mechanical section of the car trade, not sure of the NOC code, but i hope someone will come along and explain what code he needs