Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone up for a Toronto get together

Anyone up for a Toronto get together

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:43 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone up for a Toronto get together

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm not sure which Vegas hotels are posh and which aren't. I've previously stayed at the Manadaley Bay, the Luxor and the Venetian, all of which were as tasteful as Filmore's. I did see the Cirque ages ago but they're no doubt revamped it, I'll see what that American woman wants to do, she is herself a souvenir of a previous trip out there so there's some nostalgia involved.
Tell her I said hello.

We had a really nice meal in the Belagio after we went to see Cirques quite expensive though.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone up for a Toronto get together-dscf0021.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:58 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Tell her I said hello.

Shall do.

We had a really nice meal in the Belagio after we went to see Cirques quite expensive though.
Lots of restaurants there are expensive, the idea of Vegas as an affordable family destination went by the wayside and it went back to being sleazy and expensive. I like the Blue Blanc Rouge though we've also eaten well at Delmonicos and Bouchon. I guess we'll stuff ourselves with exotic stuff as we're driving back in an old truck, if we get stranded in Iowa we'll have the choice of cow parts or corn.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

bunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the rough

Shall do.

Lots of restaurants there are expensive, the idea of Vegas as an affordable family destination went by the wayside and it went back to being sleazy and expensive. I like the Blue Blanc Rouge though we've also eaten well at Delmonicos and Bouchon. I guess we'll stuff ourselves with exotic stuff as we're driving back in an old truck, if we get stranded in Iowa we'll have the choice of cow parts or corn.
We would love to meet up in Toronto if we are not in the country too late. We are hopefully going to be flying out for a week either the last week in May or the first week in June for a recce trip.

Keep us posted.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

bunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by natlit
Hey Everyone,

As winter is nearly over (I hope) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a meet-up in downtown Toronto some weekend, maybe we could meet in a bar or a restaurant.......

Would be great to meet up with some of you....

Nat
What is happening with the meet up? Is it now cancelled? We will be over there in week commencing 18th June to 22 June if anyone still up for it.

Let us know?

Sharon
Old May 31st 2007, 8:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bunnett
What is happening with the meet up? Is it now cancelled? We will be over there in week commencing 18th June to 22 June if anyone still up for it.

Let us know?

Sharon
Beer? Up for it? Don't be silly.

Back in Vegas, Bouchon is still nice but still not cheap, US$500 for four people who were being really quite restrained. The Bellagio is not up to much, certainly nothing like the Venetian.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Beer? Up for it? Don't be silly.

Back in Vegas, Bouchon is still nice but still not cheap, US$500 for four people who were being really quite restrained. The Bellagio is not up to much, certainly nothing like the Venetian.
Sorry, but you have lost me completely!
Old May 31st 2007, 8:50 am
Assimilated Pauper

Sorry, but you have lost me completely!
The thread had previously drifted off on to the topic of Las Vegas, since we've recently been in Vegas that was an update to the digression.

Anyway, beer, late June, yes!
Old May 31st 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

The thread had previously drifted off on to the topic of Las Vegas, since we've recently been in Vegas that was an update to the digression.

Okay. We are staying with relatives in Cambridge. Where are you about?
Old May 31st 2007, 9:29 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

You had a nice time though?
Old May 31st 2007, 9:30 am
Reunited

Think we would still be up for it.
Old May 31st 2007, 1:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another abortive TO meetup? Late June? Count me in.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Okay. We are staying with relatives in Cambridge. Where are you about?
Middle of nowhere, so central Toronto is easiest. I guess we might go somewhere west of the city but do they have pubs once you get past Mississauga?
Old May 31st 2007, 11:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You had a nice time though?
Yes. We drove back and stopped to look at the famous two headed calf.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

More immediately, Atlantic Xpat and I are going for a beer next Thursday evening, (at the Granite Brewery, I think) anyone who cares to join us would be welcome.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Week commencing 17th June for a meet up with ourselves and dbd33 if you are there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.