Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone shipped just boxes?

Anyone shipped just boxes?

Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:24 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone shipped just boxes?

What application route have you gone down- is it LMO?WP by any chance. That is what we have done. My OH has had an interview over the phone with a firm in Regina and they want him to see the firm etc incase he doesnt like it. So if he does like it now when we go in two weeks then the process of LMO/WP will be started and dear knows how long that will take.
I will price the shipping company because we too are only taking some stuf. BTW how big is a box full roughly what does it hold?
What part of NI are you from?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:49 am
Living the Life at Last

iambof is on a distinguished road

We have just had ours picked up. 52 items. Combination of different size boxes, bubble-wrapping and bikes, etc. No furniture. Costing us £1100 plus insurance for sea freight. Nice.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alvic
What application route have you gone down- is it LMO?WP by any chance. That is what we have done. My OH has had an interview over the phone with a firm in Regina and they want him to see the firm etc incase he doesnt like it. So if he does like it now when we go in two weeks then the process of LMO/WP will be started and dear knows how long that will take.
I will price the shipping company because we too are only taking some stuf. BTW how big is a box full roughly what does it hold?
What part of NI are you from?
We have applied for Family Class/Common Law as my Girlfriend is a Canadian Citizen. I got a letter from immigration earlier saying they have everything they need and they returned some photos so I expect the final decision won't be long.

They do different sizes of boxes - we are just going to use the biggest ones as we are mainly taking clothes. Heres more info on the boxes:
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/info/cartoninfo.aspx

You can also get an instant quote on this page:
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/index.aspx

We think we'll need about 8 boxes but you can order more and return any you don't use.

I'm originally from Ballymoney (Near Coleraine) but living and working in Belfast at the minute.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Good Luck In Canada!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:25 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from Kilkeel the other end of the Province and I know Ballymoney well. My sister was engaged to a fellow from B'money but ended up marrying a guy from Coleraine. Small world eh.
BTW congrats on letter from immigration - you must be over the moon. Wish we were that far on.
Alison.

Originally Posted by a1anm
We have applied for Family Class/Common Law as my Girlfriend is a Canadian Citizen. I got a letter from immigration earlier saying they have everything they need and they returned some photos so I expect the final decision won't be long.

They do different sizes of boxes - we are just going to use the biggest ones as we are mainly taking clothes. Heres more info on the boxes:
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/info/cartoninfo.aspx

You can also get an instant quote on this page:
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/index.aspx

We think we'll need about 8 boxes but you can order more and return any you don't use.

I'm originally from Ballymoney (Near Coleraine) but living and working in Belfast at the minute.