Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone reccommend a good realtor??

Anyone reccommend a good realtor??

Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone reccommend a good realtor??

[QUOTE=Butch Cassidy]
Originally Posted by willmore

Ok that doesnt it.....

You can go get your coffee and crumpet elsewhere missy.

I already have since you've been MIA!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:41 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Sorry about that my delicate chum, that's a beer I owe you
LOL
well Seriously pal how about a couple of beers on Whyte Ave when you get over??
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:42 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=willmore]
Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

I already have since you've been MIA!
You Floosy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You can go get your coffee and crumpet elsewhere missy.
Ooooo I used to like a bit of crumpet before my op.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:52 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janet & Chris
??????
Hi Dont listen BC's a pussy cat
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:52 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to shake my 'nasty' tag.

Anyways where you heading to?
Oh Butch - you have a nasty tag?? I don't believe it? You're always a real gent in any threads I've seen you in lately...
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Janet & Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sans
Hi Dont listen BC's a pussy cat
Thats good then

Janet
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
well Seriously pal how about a couple of beers on Whyte Ave when you get over??
That sounds very possible, I will deff need one (or maybe 2) by then
Sorry for hijacking Sarahad, for what its worth our friends told us not to bother with a Realtor for the Edmonton area. Just check out the websites and ask around.
Stuarty
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Hi I have been talking abit with a realtor in Edmonton via email. He has asked me to email a mortgage advisor as a start and gave me a contact. Should I bother with this? Or if I manage to open a bank account before leaving UK should I see if they will be able to do a mortgage for me?? Any advise??
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:16 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Hi I have been talking abit with a realtor in Edmonton via email. He has asked me to email a mortgage advisor as a start and gave me a contact. Should I bother with this? Or if I manage to open a bank account before leaving UK should I see if they will be able to do a mortgage for me?? Any advise??
Hi Sarahad!! Hey how lucky are you girl Have you already been over or not?
Sans
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sans
Hi Sarahad!! Hey how lucky are you girl Have you already been over or not?
Sans
We have visited canada but not Alberta yet... That was going to be our next hol just before christmas. But have to go where the work is, and the more I hear about Alberta im glad we are heading there. We thought it was going to take 4 -5 years for the normal skilled trades PR to be processed so thought we had years yet of seeing as much of canada as possible, but when my husband got offered the job in Alberta, have to go for it!!! Cant wait, although my head is frenzied at the moment trying to think of everything we need to do!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:31 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

We have visited canada but not Alberta yet... That was going to be our next hol just before christmas. But have to go where the work is, and the more I hear about Alberta im glad we are heading there. We thought it was going to take 4 -5 years for the normal skilled trades PR to be processed so thought we had years yet of seeing as much of canada as possible, but when my husband got offered the job in Alberta, have to go for it!!! Cant wait, although my head is frenzied at the moment trying to think of everything we need to do!!
LOL I know what you mean, we were going to Van Island, but OH got job in Calgary, weve not been their either yet. Flying over on the 10th sept. Carn't advise on morgage bit but maybe you ought to try more then one realtor, in other threads ive read that they will find you best morgage.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:33 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Working with a Realtor in Canada is the best way of buying or renting a home, BUT you must get your own Realtor, and not use the Sellers.

When you go with your own Realtor that Realtor becomes your agent and must represent you, and look after your interests, above that of their own or the sellers, this is known as "Buyers Agency".

As to the Mortgage agent, I would advise you to contact them and see what your options are, doing that does not stop you from arranging a mortgage elsewhere should you choose. (It is against the law in Canada for a Realtor to receive any "Kick Backs" from anyone they recommend, so normally they recommend people they have dealt with before, with Buyers Agency they should recommend more than one so you have a choice, but thats not always possible in smaller communities).

The more people you talk to, the better prepared you will be.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
As to the Mortgage agent, I would advise you to contact them and see what your options are, doing that does not stop you from arranging a mortgage elsewhere should you choose. (It is against the law in Canada for a Realtor to receive any "Kick Backs" from anyone they recommend,

I don't think that's true. We're currently negotiating for a property (using only the sellers agent) and he quoted to us the commision he would get for arranging a mortgage with various lenders. Maybe that's only Ontario or maybe it's only ok if he declares it.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:54 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think that's true. We're currently negotiating for a property (using only the sellers agent) and he quoted to us the commision he would get for arranging a mortgage with various lenders. Maybe that's only Ontario or maybe it's only ok if he declares it.

My experience is in Manitoba, where it is not allowed.

Each province has slightly different rules and regulations, I think I should remember to put that in my replies