Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:40 pm
  #91  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi everyone

What exactly do they do in London that they cant do in Mississauga anyway ? On what basis would the application be turned down after being approved by Mississauga ? , bearing in mind there are no issues with health , criminality or short periods of marriage etc .

We`re hoping our application will be `approved` anytime now . They started processing on 19th December .

It`s awful isn`t it - the waiting , the doubts creeping in - how the hell some of the others go through years of waiting is beyond me . I feel for you all !

Best regards
Phil

In London i believe that they look at the validity of the relationship and background checks and medicals.

All that Mississauga do is check everything is there and the fees are paid! amazing really that it takes so long.

Congrats to all that got decison made in Mississauga. I recieved my AOR 4 days after London got my application and 41 days later i got my request to pay Landing fee which apparently means im nearly done, So London are moving very fast. I paid the fees on Wednesday and sent the receipt to Mississauga for processing on Thursday by courier and also sent a copy to London so that they can make Mississauga pull there finger out if they drag their heels.

I know of 2 members on here that got theirs reallly fast from London also.

So heres to keeping our fingers crossed!!

One think the pregnant ladies might want to remember is that if your heading for Ontario you dont get healthcare coverage for three months after you land.
britishvixen21 is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:22 pm
  #92  
BE Enthusiast
 
Mr Lee's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Off moaning somewhere...
Posts: 882
Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Congrats you jammy sod!!!! Not that I'm a bitter man, just not feeling particularly happy after the football today!!
Mississauga received ours exactly the same day as you(Nov 7th). Hopefully we should be done soon. My medicals due in May again so want it sent to London pronto!!!! Lol!!
Regarding London......I think they are a damn site faster than CIC. I'm sure I've read of a couple of people on this site being done and dusted in 6 weeks(family class)......Lets hope that you are processed in a similar timescale. Good news and have a few beers. I'm off into Wigan tonight to drown my sorrows. Yes I'm a Utd fan. That's turned you all against me now hasn't it?

All the best

Drew
Drew - you're not alone here mate; as a fellow red I too was pretty pissed off. At least you could go and drown your sorrows! My other half is overdue our first baby so I'm on red-alert and can't drink in case I have to drive us at high speed to hospital. (You know - she'll say I'm selfish for saying that )

They certainly seem to take their time in Mississauga. I would have thought our application was totally straightforward and I sent it all in easy to read and navigate format. What's taking them so long...
Mr Lee is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:50 pm
  #93  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 196
VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
In London i believe that they look at the validity of the relationship and background checks and medicals.

All that Mississauga do is check everything is there and the fees are paid! amazing really that it takes so long.

Congrats to all that got decison made in Mississauga. I recieved my AOR 4 days after London got my application and 41 days later i got my request to pay Landing fee which apparently means im nearly done, So London are moving very fast. I paid the fees on Wednesday and sent the receipt to Mississauga for processing on Thursday by courier and also sent a copy to London so that they can make Mississauga pull there finger out if they drag their heels.

I know of 2 members on here that got theirs reallly fast from London also.

So heres to keeping our fingers crossed!!

One think the pregnant ladies might want to remember is that if your heading for Ontario you dont get healthcare coverage for three months after you land.
Thanks for that, I too was wondering what London do as part of the process. Great that they seem to be doing their bit quickly.

Can I ask how much the landing fee is? I didn't realise we had to pay out more money....

Congrats on being nearly there, let us know when you finally get it!

V
VCox is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:07 pm
  #94  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 196
VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Congrats you jammy sod!!!! Not that I'm a bitter man, just not feeling particularly happy after the football today!!
Mississauga received ours exactly the same day as you(Nov 7th). Hopefully we should be done soon. My medicals due in May again so want it sent to London pronto!!!! Lol!!
Regarding London......I think they are a damn site faster than CIC. I'm sure I've read of a couple of people on this site being done and dusted in 6 weeks(family class)......Lets hope that you are processed in a similar timescale. Good news and have a few beers. I'm off into Wigan tonight to drown my sorrows. Yes I'm a Utd fan. That's turned you all against me now hasn't it?

All the best

Drew

Commiserations on the football (I'm guessing you support Man Utd and they didn't do very well? ) Hope the beers in Wigan made up for it and that you get your "decision made" letter soon.

Ditto to you Mr Lee and how very selfish of your wife to expect you to stay sober when she's about to go through such a trivial thing Seriously, here's hoping both your little one and that all important letter arrive very soon

V
VCox is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:29 pm
  #95  
Kelly
Thread Starter
 
kellydrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Oro-Medonte, Ontario
Posts: 613
kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hey everybody. Anyone heard anything?

We're actually in Barrie at the minute satying with family so we rang CIC and enquired as to where we were up to with our application. They said that because we don't fall into a straightforward category ie: Canadian wife, lived in UK most of her life etc........ they are having to do further checks. I'm sure a few of you are in similar situations. The lady at CIC basically said to be patient. Easier said than done but not much we can do.

Please keep us informed if anybodys circumstances change.

All the best
Drew

PS Loads of snow here and bloody cold!!!!
kellydrew is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:24 pm
  #96  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 48
Horizons is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey everybody. Anyone heard anything?

We're actually in Barrie at the minute satying with family so we rang CIC and enquired as to where we were up to with our application. They said that because we don't fall into a straightforward category ie: Canadian wife, lived in UK most of her life etc........ they are having to do further checks. I'm sure a few of you are in similar situations. The lady at CIC basically said to be patient. Easier said than done but not much we can do.

Please keep us informed if anybodys circumstances change.

All the best
Drew

PS Loads of snow here and bloody cold!!!!
Hey Drew,

hang in there - (I know its hard).

We got the letter through from Mississauga on 20th Feb saying file transferred to London & hubby got letter from London CHC on Monday 27th saying they started processing it on 24th.

I do know how agonising the wait can be as I applied for myself under skilled worker a few years ago & the whole process took 2 years back then.

Hope you hear something soon.

Horizons
ps I understand its even colder over in old Blighty
Horizons is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:30 pm
  #97  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Thought id resurect this thread and see if anyone heard anything at all from Mississuga,

We are a little step ahead in London, I paid my RORLF and recived my reciept so i know that they have it. All im waiting for now is for my officer to check if its been paid for some more movement.
I also know that my CAIPS notes where sent out yesterday so im sure going to have fun decifering those little buggers when they come.
So come on tell me your all in london at least now??
britishvixen21 is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:27 am
  #98  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: North Vancouver BC (tiz a long way away from devon)
Posts: 883
jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Thought id resurect this thread and see if anyone heard anything at all from Mississuga,

We are a little step ahead in London, I paid my RORLF and recived my reciept so i know that they have it. All im waiting for now is for my officer to check if its been paid for some more movement.
I also know that my CAIPS notes where sent out yesterday so im sure going to have fun decifering those little buggers when they come.
So come on tell me your all in london at least now??
Hi,
Nope not in london in devon ..
but seriously still in process in mississuaga .........................
since 21 dec 05, no updates , no letters ......
starting to seriously think we won't be there this summer, hoping to get it all sorted before the medical runs out in Oct.
cheers
jerry
jerry brewer is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:02 pm
  #99  
BE Enthusiast
 
Mr Lee's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Off moaning somewhere...
Posts: 882
Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Same here.

Still in progress in Mississauga...
Mr Lee is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:15 pm
  #100  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Same here.

Still in progress in Mississauga...

Jesus their taking there good ass time, well i hope you get it all soon

Sent karma to both of you
britishvixen21 is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:03 pm
  #101  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 196
VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
Nope not in london in devon ..
but seriously still in process in mississuaga .........................
since 21 dec 05, no updates , no letters ......
starting to seriously think we won't be there this summer, hoping to get it all sorted before the medical runs out in Oct.
cheers
jerry

Hopefully you'll hear something soon, they started processing mine in Mississuaga on 5 Dec and I got my AOR dated 17 Feb.

I wouldn't give up hope on being there for summer, I'm hoping I'll be able to land then.

My medical also runs out in Oct but I won't be able to fly in the period July-Oct. If you get your visa right before your medical expires and aren't able to land before the expiry date then do you have to start the whole visa process again from scratch?

V
VCox is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:05 pm
  #102  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,637
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi

Originally Posted by VCox
Hopefully you'll hear something soon, they started processing mine in Mississuaga on 5 Dec and I got my AOR dated 17 Feb.

I wouldn't give up hope on being there for summer, I'm hoping I'll be able to land then.

My medical also runs out in Oct but I won't be able to fly in the period July-Oct. If you get your visa right before your medical expires and aren't able to land before the expiry date then do you have to start the whole visa process again from scratch?

V
Yes.

PMM
PMM is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:07 pm
  #103  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 196
VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



Yes.

PMM

Thank you again!

V

PS You're fab!
VCox is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:21 pm
  #104  
Kelly
Thread Starter
 
kellydrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Oro-Medonte, Ontario
Posts: 613
kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



Yes.

PMM
Hey

Am I being totally thick here? My application is still in process in Mississauga..........has been "in process" since Dec 6th. My medical expires in May. Are you saying that if I haven't got my visa through by that time, then I have to start the process again? I mean, I knew that I'd need my medical again, but to start the whole thing???? I hope I've misunderstood you.

Drew
kellydrew is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:35 pm
  #105  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey

Am I being totally thick here? My application is still in process in Mississauga..........has been "in process" since Dec 6th. My medical expires in May. Are you saying that if I haven't got my visa through by that time, then I have to start the process again? I mean, I knew that I'd need my medical again, but to start the whole thing???? I hope I've misunderstood you.

Drew

Yes I think you misunderstood, you would just have to do another medical, what they are saying is that you have to LAND before your medical expires. so you would hav to land in Canada before may if you get it before then. if not they may tell you to get another one done.
britishvixen21 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.