Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:33 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000

I'll warn you though...it's not user-friendly! I've called 3 times, and each time spent upwards of 5 minutes just trying to negotiate around the automated system to speak to a real, live person. I'll also give you a little tip...of the three times I called, the first time I admitted I was calling from outside Canada and got a very mild ticking off. The second time, again, I admitted I was calling from outside of Canada and the woman almost put the phone down on me. The third time I wasn't asked, but I'd prepared an answer of "I applied from outside of Canada, but I'm actually in Canada on vacation at the moment and thought I'd check on it..."...just be prepared for a bit of hassle if you're honest with them! Technically "outside" applications shouldn't be able to phone them, I found the above number after a LONG internet search!

Good luck!
Cheers mate

I'll say I'm on holiday in Barrie.

Drew
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:36 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hang on Drew , you should have a receipt number from the top of IMM5401 ,and this is the number you log on with . This should have been emailed to you when you paid .Did you pay online ?
I`m not convinced the lawyer is telling you this right .

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil
Phil

Which is form IMM5401. I've just checked our computer generated forms and we don't have that!!

Need to speak to our lawyers.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Phil

Which is form IMM5401. I've just checked our computer generated forms and we don't have that!!

Need to speak to our lawyers.
It`s the fees receipt but I think you only get it if you pay online . Either way , if you`ve paid then you (or your lawyer) SHOULD have a receipt number . This is the number you access e-cas with . Just type in IMM5401 into google and it`s all there .

If you don`t have a receipt , then your lawyer surely should ??

I`m sure you should have a "in process" by now ?

Phil
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Cheers mate

I'll say I'm on holiday in Barrie.

Drew
Let us know if you get any answers...at the very least they should be able to provide you with an 8 digit client number.

They can be pretty cryptic...our first phone call they mentioned something about a missing photo, we put 2 and 2 together and worked out what was missed, and sent it in on January 7th. It may or may not have affected our application, who knows, we certainly never received anything telling us what was missing (if anything!).
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

We still haven't heard yet, but when we rang that number the woman on the other end told us it was a normal time to expect to wait (our's began being processed Nov 28th) and that was it. We just check the online thing with our reciept number ebery other day and hope for the best. It's weird as we're selling cars, house and everything else before we've even heard anything vaguely postive back. Can't say it's not exciting though!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
We still haven't heard yet, but when we rang that number the woman on the other end told us it was a normal time to expect to wait (our's began being processed Nov 28th) and that was it. We just check the online thing with our reciept number ebery other day and hope for the best. It's weird as we're selling cars, house and everything else before we've even heard anything vaguely postive back. Can't say it's not exciting though!
We were told the same type of thing after the first call. The benefit for calling mentioned above is that they haven't got any way of checking e-cas, so at least phoning should give them a client # so they can join the e-case zombies who log in a couple of times a day
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Just a quick update from us, we are stiil in process, seems they received the paperwork 21 nov, and started processing a month later, we have had no letter, but the online sevices info is reassurance that the paperwork at least arrived.
They always say no news is good news, so maybe we filled out the paperwork correctly. Just hoping it all goes thro' before my medical runs out.
We are selling like mad on e bay, and due to start car booting soon, house going on market as soon as CIC approve sponsorship or london acknowledge receipt and start.
Good luck to all.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Got worried and did some quick net research details on CIC website,

currently processing applications received up to 21 - dec - 05

current process time 43 days.

Therefore we should see status change last week of Feb if all goes well.
So with a London average of between 3 and 10 months.... Our planned mid/late summer move could be a bit iffy !!! and my medical ... :scared:
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi all, I've just discovered the forum and having been following this thread with interest. Here's my timeline:

7 Nov - App received at Mississauga

6 Dec - Letter from CIC giving a client # and acknowleding receipt of app and advising my file is "pending review by an officer".

Last week - Get my hubby to ring the number cov-canuck provided (thanks) and are told that yes the app has been recieved but it's normal that we haven't heard anything else & they can't say when a decision will be made - " could be tomorrow, could be 6 months" !?!

I've never been able to access the on-line service - my receipt no/client no always come up as invalid.

I had thought the acknowledgment letter meant that my app had been checked and all was OK, but now methinks it's not even been looked at yet. I don't understand why no-one else seems to have got this letter.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you Drew as we submitted our apps at the same time.

Look forward to following everyone's progress and will let you know if I hear anything else

Victoria
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:00 pm
Kelly

Thanks for the contact number, I took your advice and told them I was on holiday in Canada. We then logged on cpc website and they received our application on 8th Nov, it has apparently gone to a senior agent on 6thDec, why I dont know, but at least we can keep a track on our progress.
thanks again
Kelly
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:13 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by VCox
Hi all, I've just discovered the forum and having been following this thread with interest. Here's my timeline:

7 Nov - App received at Mississauga

6 Dec - Letter from CIC giving a client # and acknowleding receipt of app and advising my file is "pending review by an officer".

Last week - Get my hubby to ring the number cov-canuck provided (thanks) and are told that yes the app has been recieved but it's normal that we haven't heard anything else & they can't say when a decision will be made - " could be tomorrow, could be 6 months" !?!

I've never been able to access the on-line service - my receipt no/client no always come up as invalid.

I had thought the acknowledgment letter meant that my app had been checked and all was OK, but now methinks it's not even been looked at yet. I don't understand why no-one else seems to have got this letter.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you Drew as we submitted our apps at the same time.

Look forward to following everyone's progress and will let you know if I hear anything else

Victoria
Hi Victoria
When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401. I tried on the 5401 and it didnt recognise me, but i then i clicked on the client number and it did.
We haven't received any letter or notification, when i phoned the cpc they informed me that our application has gone to the 'senior agent' and we can only presume this is because i haven't lived in Canada since i was 3years old, coz apparently all other cases are processed quicker if they dont go to senior agents!!!!! not fair!!
But hey ho at least we can now track our progress.
good luck and keep in touch
Kelly (Drew's better half)lol

Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

when i phoned the cpc they informed me that our application has gone to the 'senior agent' and we can only presume this is because i haven't lived in Canada since i was 3years old, coz apparently all other cases are processed quicker if they dont go to senior agents!!!!! not fair!!
A year and a half ago so not sure you can draw any conclusions from it, but mine was processed in the stated time at Mississauga, and a total of 3mths from the start to passport request, and I hadn't ever lived in Canada (I'm the Canadian sponsor). No idea if mine went to a senior agent...

Like you say, at least you can track it now. Although I guess all communication will go to your lawyer first?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:48 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got worried and did some quick net research details on CIC website,

currently processing applications received up to 21 - dec - 05

current process time 43 days.

Therefore we should see status change last week of Feb if all goes well.
So with a London average of between 3 and 10 months.... Our planned mid/late summer move could be a bit iffy !!! and my medical ... :scared:
Cheers
Jerry
Jerry

Not too sure of the times that the London office is issuing. On last weeks thread there seemed to be people who were done, so to speak in less than two months, so you like us may still be on for your summer move.

Drew
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jerry

Not too sure of the times that the London office is issuing. On last weeks thread there seemed to be people who were done, so to speak in less than two months, so you like us may still be on for your summer move.

Drew
Hi Drew,
Thanks for the positive thoughts, I am just hoping it all goes thro' before the medical runs out & needs repeating in Oct.
Ideally it would be nice to move mid summer for the kids schools.
good luck
jerry
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:37 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi Drew,
Thanks for the positive thoughts, I am just hoping it all goes thro' before the medical runs out & needs repeating in Oct.
Ideally it would be nice to move mid summer for the kids schools.
good luck
jerry
Hey mate

I'm inexactly the same boat. Min runs out in May(medical) so they need to get their skates on. If not we'll be another £400 lighter. My two kids are sstaying here but still needed the medical, just in case they decide to come to live at a later date. Lets all think positive and I'm sure we'll be over by end of summer. Where are you going living?

All the best

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.