Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Wikiposts

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Mrs B. We are moving to Red Deer mid May all being well. The wife and son are coming a couple of months later.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
I'm getting terrified - so much to do - so little time to do it and cars & stuff very difficult to sell.
We have to sell our house still so depending on that, we are kinda hoping that we can still make it over end of May. There is so much to do isn't there! Staying calm seems to be the hardest thing to do!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Thank you, I have so much to do I don't know where to start! Would love to meet up when we get there! keep me in mind. We might actually be living in Sylvan lake but starting out in Red Deer.

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Hoping you enjoy your adventure in Red Deer.

There are a few of 'us Brits' in contact in Red Deer but, still not managed to organise a meet up. Maybe we should start thinking about it again

Hoping your move goes smoothly for you
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

AberystwythGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs. B.
We have to sell our house still so depending on that, we are kinda hoping that we can still make it over end of May. There is so much to do isn't there! Staying calm seems to be the hardest thing to do!
We are letting our small holding out (have found a tenant but they haven't signed yet!) just in case we really don't settle. My biggest problem is the organisation of everything - timing the horse transport with our flights, presumably hiring a car that will fit all 5 of us with luggage, a cat and a dog. Beginning to think we will need 2 vehicles and drive in convoy!

Also trying to get all our stuff clean - how do I get horse rugs clean when its so cold they are still wearing them - they should be out in the field with no clothes on by now and everything washed and packed!

Am having sleepless nights! You're right Mrs B we just have to try and stay calm, which is why its taken us so long to get to this stage. But I think from now on (the final 4-6 weeks) is going to be really stressful.

I have no idea where Red Deer is but will look it up on the map sometime.
Keep posting!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my god, I thought I had a lot to do! I have made a list - so far I have 44 items on it and I have ticked off 7 that are done. Once the house sells I will be able to get heaps more ticked off. Red Deer is half way between Calgary and Edmonton

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
We are letting our small holding out (have found a tenant but they haven't signed yet!) just in case we really don't settle. My biggest problem is the organisation of everything - timing the horse transport with our flights, presumably hiring a car that will fit all 5 of us with luggage, a cat and a dog. Beginning to think we will need 2 vehicles and drive in convoy!

Also trying to get all our stuff clean - how do I get horse rugs clean when its so cold they are still wearing them - they should be out in the field with no clothes on by now and everything washed and packed!

Am having sleepless nights! You're right Mrs B we just have to try and stay calm, which is why its taken us so long to get to this stage. But I think from now on (the final 4-6 weeks) is going to be really stressful.

I have no idea where Red Deer is but will look it up on the map sometime.
Keep posting!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, I thought I had a lot to do! I have made a list - so far I have 44 items on it and I have ticked off 7 that are done.
You've seen the 'leaving to do' and 'arrival to do' lists in the Wiki?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You've seen the 'leaving to do' and 'arrival to do' lists in the Wiki?
No I havnt *runs off to have a look*
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theoldfields
Sounds exciting. We have a house between Kelowna and Vernon but are yet to make any progress on the job search. Whereabouts are you building the new home?
Almost at the top of June Springs Road in SE Kelowna. My husband will continue to commute to the North Sea. We will be living in a 5th wheel for the summer while we finish the interior of our house.

What sort of work are you looking for - we already have a few friends in Kelowna who might know of work.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I have so much to do I don't know where to start! Would love to meet up when we get there! keep me in mind. We might actually be living in Sylvan lake but starting out in Red Deer.
We used to live in Sylvan Lake, we now live between Sylvan and Rocky Mountain House.
It is a lovley place, as we lived on the outskirts we never had any problems with the summer influx of tourists

There are quite a few new housing developments in and around the area.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
Mrs B. We are moving to Red Deer mid May all being well. The wife and son are coming a couple of months later.
best of luck on your adventure and hope all goes well with your move.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

No I havnt *runs off to have a look*
So having read the links have you added to your list???
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:05 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
Do you want to do some electrical work for us????
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:09 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I'd advise staying away from the Ryders Ridge community in Sylvan Lake, the stench from the Herder's ranch can be somewhat overwhelming at times.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Do you want to do some electrical work for us????

What are the best places and good places to live in Red Deer, and the ones to really avoid? My wife and I are 31 and we have a 5 year old son
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Finally AIT have approved my application

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.