Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice
Default Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Hi there,

Just wondering if there are any families moving to Canada this year? We are moving in May and as my husband is going to be working away in camp so I'll be on my own with the kids to start with. I'm hoping to make friends asap before we go if possible, share some stories about our journey etc... Is there any facebook groups?

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Originally Posted by Mrs. B.
Hi there,

Just wondering if there are any families moving to Canada this year? We are moving in May and as my husband is going to be working away in camp so I'll be on my own with the kids to start with. I'm hoping to make friends asap before we go if possible, share some stories about our journey etc... Is there any facebook groups?

Thanks
What area of Canada are you going to?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

AberystwythGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We might end up going in May - we are aiming to go in April but we may well miss it with everything we still have to do.

We are moving from Aberystwyth to Kelowna BC - my husband also works away from home so from time to time I will be on my own but my Mum is also moving with us which is great.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:51 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
We might end up going in May - we are aiming to go in April but we may well miss it with everything we still have to do.

We are moving from Aberystwyth to Kelowna BC - my husband also works away from home so from time to time I will be on my own but my Mum is also moving with us which is great.
Wonders if those two are in any way related.................
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ha ha ha - funnily enough it was his idea that my Mum moved with us! But she will have her own completely independant appartment and hopefully a Canadian driving licence alhthough she is a little worried about driving on the wrong side of the road at her age!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

How old is she?. I might be moving to Oliver in May. Right side or wrong side of the road is all a matter of perspective.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caretaker
How old is she?. I might be moving to Oliver in May. Right side or wrong side of the road is all a matter of perspective.
A newly restored and upgraded (new heart valve installed in 2012) 87 (but don't tell her I told you!!) How old are you?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
A newly restored and upgraded (new heart valve installed in 2012) 87 (but don't tell her I told you!!) How old are you?
Good for her. I have to ask, just out of pure nosiness, but how did she get a visa at that age?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice

We're moving to Vancouver in May but were originally supposed to be in Kelowna (long story) so researched it to the nth degree! Okanaganforum.com? can't remember the exact name of it, but that might be worth posting on to find other expats. Kelowna is a lovely place, very family friendly - good luck with your move.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Good for her. I have to ask, just out of pure nosiness, but how did she get a visa at that age?
Never mind the visa, how did she get a heart valve at 85?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
What area of Canada are you going to?
We are moving just north of Calgary
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point

hi- B. we are moving mid may to calgary- not sure where exactally yet so if anyone here knows of places to rent! do you have jobs/house sorted?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:30 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

My parents were due to arrive this May on their skilled worker PR visas (they landed in 2010). But since that time they've not been able to sell the house in the UK and the price of it has more than halved. Add in a turd of an exchange rate and it's not economical to come now. Several hundred thousand dollars of cash they were expecting to have has basically evaporated so it's a better situation to just stick it out back home.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:21 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

won't they have to move this year to retain their pr status?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Kerry-lancs is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving to edmonton in 3 week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.