Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any UK Electricians moved to Canada?

Any UK Electricians moved to Canada?

Old May 16th 2008, 10:15 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any UK Electricians moved to Canada?

if it is code then yes the answers are in the book, you just have to find them.
have you managed to rganise exam this side?

We did the test in ontario in 2 week recci and wouldnt advise people to try this unless you are very pushy, but nice
If you can try and get everything sorted this side and then book the exam it is easier, results come through 3 days after the test, although if you get friendly with the people they will let you know the day after if you have a direct number, but then if you have failed you have a few weeks before you can re-apply

hope that help, we have done the route for ontario if you need any info, but i strongly advise that you go to ps knight website and order the ontario books and code book, works out expensive to ship over but well worth the money.
100 questions in 4hrs, the table i put is for marks per section.

gill
Old May 18th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
if it is code then yes the answers are in the book, you just have to find them.
have you managed to rganise exam this side?

We did the test in ontario in 2 week recci and wouldnt advise people to try this unless you are very pushy, but nice
If you can try and get everything sorted this side and then book the exam it is easier, results come through 3 days after the test, although if you get friendly with the people they will let you know the day after if you have a direct number, but then if you have failed you have a few weeks before you can re-apply

hope that help, we have done the route for ontario if you need any info, but i strongly advise that you go to ps knight website and order the ontario books and code book, works out expensive to ship over but well worth the money.
100 questions in 4hrs, the table i put is for marks per section.

gill
Hi Gill

Is it right then that you have a book in the exam with you?

We are sorting exam date this end and then going over for it but allowing ourselves enough time there incase he fails 1st time (have to wait 15 days to re-take) Spoke to sudbury where he would be sitting the exam and have sent paperwork off just waiting on them saying he is qualified to sit it.

Did you pass first time and how difficult did you find it?

Janeymay
Old May 18th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Janeymay

I revised for about three months on the 2002 code book but took test on 2006 code book (after being told that the exam would be on 2002) still managed to pass test with 75%.

Many people do not pass first or second time, I've not heard of anyone failing on third attempt.

Take the time to read the code book prior to the exam. All questions carry the same mark so the key to passing is not to waste time on complicated questions (try to leave these to last).

Good luck
Thomas
Old May 18th 2008, 9:03 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hubby advises that if he had revised the test etc then hed of got better

missed by 2 points, but thats life and in a way im glad he did as we wouldnt be doing what we are now,, hehe

He sat the test with no reading etc and a very stressed situation, but you have 3 goes at it in onatario, the women we dealt with advised that she has never known someone to get such a high mark on first attempt, i was happy with his pass mark
Good luck with the exam, let us know how you get on, not getting emails from here at moment, so didnt see that you had replyed, if you need any practice sheets just send me your email by PM
im sure he kept them, but hes busy reading at mo for the test

Gill