Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any one see the National House Buyers....

Any one see the National House Buyers....

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any one see the National House Buyers....

....feature on Watchdog tonight?

From the sound of it is was/is just a scam to get the 500GBP or more from you for the valuation, then in 1 case when the valuation was accepted they, the National House Buyers, then came back and lopped another 25 grand off the price, ok it was a shop premise in Wales somewhere, but still. It would seem that the valuation hey they organise is a drive by, and cost them 75 GBP or so, apparently several of the valuers had been accosted about the cost and the subsequent offers that they had received. It was mention that all the offers made were at least 30% under market valuation.

I just have accept this, as I had an offer on my house on Friday that was 40,000 below my asking price, that's down 65 grand down on where I started back in May. The house prices in my little part of the world are really depressing. I am gona have to take the house of the market over Christmas and start again in the spring, as long as this government haven't f*** the economy even more with their shear incompetence. What does the chancellor call him self, "prudent", my arse.

God I hope the spring brings some good news, both with the house and the application, but the way things are going. I just wish I could enjoy my life but all I do is appear to spend every waking moment thinking about not being here in this god for saken country.

Sorry, it's late, I'm depressed and I need to rant, a little, any ways.

Dozzzzy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:11 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one see the National House Buyers....

Alright Dozzzzy,
Yeah I saw that as well, what a sham! Like you say it sounds like they're just taking the non-refundable £500-£1k for the valuation off people with no intention of buying their house. If someone does accept their 30% less tan market value offer, they'll just drop it even more, b*stards.
Hang in there over your house sale mate, I've been there. We're on the edge at the moment, had surveys done etc and about a week away from exchange, it's all going too smoothly!! Don't be ripped off though, someone will come along and buy it in the end. Stay positive.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:21 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

I always thought Kenilworth was a nice area! Yes I saw this too. You have to be on your guard. I wouldn't tell any prospective purchasers we were emigrating as they might use it as an advantage to drop the price at the last minute.
In southern Leics where I live now there seem to be quite a few properties selling compared to summer when it was very poor. I am hopeful it will pick up in spring.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

I feel that the whole UK housing market must be about to implode. People just can't afford the prices any more, especially in the South East. Even if you can get a big enough mortgage there is always the risk of interest rates goes up to a level where you can't afford the payments any more.

At the end of the day I was just glad to get our house sold before the implosion. It went for 95k less than the original asking price that the estate agents said that we should go for. Although to be quite honest I had originally valued it at only 25k more that it eventually went for so I'm nor really that upset. I'm more upset by the current exchange rate, but that is another issue.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:03 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
I feel that the whole UK housing market must be about to implode. People just can't afford the prices any more, especially in the South East. Even if you can get a big enough mortgage there is always the risk of interest rates goes up to a level where you can't afford the payments any more.

At the end of the day I was just glad to get our house sold before the implosion. It went for 95k less than the original asking price that the estate agents said that we should go for. Although to be quite honest I had originally valued it at only 25k more that it eventually went for so I'm nor really that upset. I'm more upset by the current exchange rate, but that is another issue.
On dont mention the exchange rate
I still don't think there'll be a house crash though, I'm certainly no financial expert, but surely it would of happened by now? Afterall everyone's been saying it'll crash now for the past 18 months and it hasn't happened yet.