Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Edmonton?

Any Brits in Edmonton?

Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Edmonton?

Thank you

Linda
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

We just moved to Sherwood Park about a month ago- me, the wife and our 2 young girls.
If anyone has any questions about Edmonton, Sherwood Park etc, just drop me a PM.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

nordyandsharpey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I can do the week after also, if it's early enough, (have puppy visits around lunchtime most days) around ten would be great for me. Anyone got a day in mind? Thursday the 9th would work well for me at this point if it works for any of you.
The 9th at 10:00 a.m. would work good for me too. Mim - I'm bringing my daughter so feel free to bring your kid(s) - as goes for everyone! Will probably bring my other half too, that is - unless he is working by then!

How about the Tim Hortons on Rabbit Hil Road just off Terwillegar? Unless anyone would rather meet somewhere else - I have a vehicle so am able to travel...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jericho
We just moved to Sherwood Park about a month ago- me, the wife and our 2 young girls.
If anyone has any questions about Edmonton, Sherwood Park etc, just drop me a PM.
So you guys made it - welcome! Hope you are liking it so far... Will this be your 1st experience of the great Canadian winter?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

Sounds good to me. I have nothing else planned on that day! Oh the bliss of not working at the moment...

I have no idea where the 'eck that is but shall get directions and hopefully find it! Can you pm your mobile so I call if I get well and truly lost!

Hoping to get insured on hubby's car this week and/or get the 2nd car.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers
Sounds good to me. I have nothing else planned on that day! Oh the bliss of not working at the moment...

I have no idea where the 'eck that is but shall get directions and hopefully find it! Can you pm your mobile so I call if I get well and truly lost!

Hoping to get insured on hubby's car this week and/or get the 2nd car.
Will do - haven't got a mobie yet but probably will get hooked up with a pay-as-you-go this week, so will let you know!

Terwillegar is just off the Whitemud, on the southwest side of Edmonton and Rabbit Hill road is about the third or fourth left turn off Terwillegar.

(I am also revelling in not working. I may change careers and become an official Edmonton tour guide...)
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nordyandsharpey
The 9th at 10:00 a.m. would work good for me too. Mim - I'm bringing my daughter so feel free to bring your kid(s) - as goes for everyone! Will probably bring my other half too, that is - unless he is working by then!

How about the Tim Hortons on Rabbit Hil Road just off Terwillegar? Unless anyone would rather meet somewhere else - I have a vehicle so am able to travel...
Is that the one at the junction of 23rd and Rabbit Hill Rd, across the road from Sobey's? If so, the address is 2309 Rabbit Hill Road NW Edmonton AB, T6R 3L6 for anyone needing to google map it.

My kids will all be in school and hubby will be at work so it'll just be me, but one of my new clients is a Brit and has only been here in Edmonton for five months, so I mentioned meeting up for coffee, and if she's not working I will see if she'd like to come also.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nordyandsharpey
So you guys made it - welcome! Hope you are liking it so far... Will this be your 1st experience of the great Canadian winter?
Yeah we made it. Things are going well so far.
The winter cant be that bad..... can it?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

oh yes it certainly can!!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be there.......kiddies in school, so just hubby and me!!!! (he doesn't know it yet!!!)

Linda
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
oh yes it certainly can!!!!!
Don't be a baby........-46 isn't that bad

Linda
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Is that the one at the junction of 23rd and Rabbit Hill Rd, across the road from Sobey's? If so, the address is 2309 Rabbit Hill Road NW Edmonton AB, T6R 3L6 for anyone needing to google map it.

My kids will all be in school and hubby will be at work so it'll just be me, but one of my new clients is a Brit and has only been here in Edmonton for five months, so I mentioned meeting up for coffee, and if she's not working I will see if she'd like to come also.
That's the one!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

nah, as long as you don't mind your nose hairs freezing every time you go outside!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

That, I have to say is the strangest feeling !!!

Linda
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Linda P
That, I have to say is the strangest feeling !!!

Linda
i quite like it in a weird way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.