Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another let down!!

Another let down!!

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:27 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Another let down!!

Just wanted to get this off my chest...Having sold our house here in the UK back in may...ready to complete and head off to N.S in Aug we found that our buyers had just been having a bit of a laugh and pulled out 2 days before completion!! not the first time they had done it ( we found out) and wont be the last I'm sure...but we put the place back on the market waiting and along came buyer No:2...Great....packing away again...give up work again, ready off for the off again.....No turns out this buyer has told a little fib, and cant get a mortgage, and so has put us back where we started...looking for a buyer!!!!!! when will the law change and protect the UK sellers....in Scotland I believe this doesn't happen ( correct me if I'm wrong!!!) and having gone through the process of buying our home in N.S, it was show me the money or the place stays on the market as it should be .....so sorry to moan but a little red wine and the thought of having to get the place ready for viewers instead of the removal van is a little soul destroying....never mind what will be will be eh! still if a few ex-pats out there could keep em crossed for us that would be great
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another let down!!

Originally Posted by Happydayz
never mind what will be will be eh! still if a few ex-pats out there could keep em crossed for us that would be great
Really feel for you. We have been pissed around by two people and are preying that our current buyer doesn't do the nasty on us. They claim that they don't have a house to sell and absolutely must complete by 21st October, but not yet exchanged contracts, so who knows

The English house sale system really stinks

I'll cross anything that I'm physically capable of for you
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:36 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Really feel for you. We have been pissed around by two people and are preying that our current buyer doesn't do the nasty on us. They claim that they don't have a house to sell and absolutely must complete by 21st October, but not yet exchanged contracts, so who knows

The English house sale system really stinks

I'll cross anything that I'm physically capable of for you
Cheers we will keep em crossed for you to ...raise a glass of red ( on our 2nd Bottle ) to you and heres to us all getting to the otherside ASAP
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:54 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Just wanted to get this off my chest...Having sold our house here in the UK back in may...ready to complete and head off to N.S in Aug we found that our buyers had just been having a bit of a laugh and pulled out 2 days before completion!! not the first time they had done it ( we found out) and wont be the last I'm sure...but we put the place back on the market waiting and along came buyer No:2...Great....packing away again...give up work again, ready off for the off again.....No turns out this buyer has told a little fib, and cant get a mortgage, and so has put us back where we started...looking for a buyer!!!!!! when will the law change and protect the UK sellers....in Scotland I believe this doesn't happen ( correct me if I'm wrong!!!) and having gone through the process of buying our home in N.S, it was show me the money or the place stays on the market as it should be .....so sorry to moan but a little red wine and the thought of having to get the place ready for viewers instead of the removal van is a little soul destroying....never mind what will be will be eh! still if a few ex-pats out there could keep em crossed for us that would be great
Sorry to hear this - the English system sure suxx.
Better luck this time!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:20 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear what has been happening to you...........we are selling to and ''In Scotland'' trust me its not that much better here we have had people pull out on us and the usual group of Liars who take great pleasure in viewing homes they cant afford and raise the hope of the sellers telling them they are sooo interested in the property then nothing.............
Have been told this is a new peverted game at the moment and now i think about it those swines that said ohhhhh we want this house having a laugh as they drove away.
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get a buyer real soon and for those perspective buyers who are taking the pi.. i do hope they find their new home IN HELL. :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:02 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there mate; u'll find new ones
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:42 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Just - if a few ex-pats out there could keep em crossed for us that would be great
I have mine crossed for you, but it is a bit difficult to actually walk around in this position!!

Seriously, though, the sooner we adopt the Australian/South African/ Canadian method of house buying, the better. A buyer makes an offer - the seller accepts the offer - a contract is signed there and then (subject to searches, etc), and Bingo! - you have a done-deal. What is so difficult about this, I don't know, so why we persist in the stupid system we have now is beyond me.

Nobody benefits from it, yet we just keep accepting it as the 'way it is'.

One of the downfalls of being British, I suppose.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:53 am
Just Joined

tstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

God this would really ****** me off!

I really feel for you, i agree, it should be approved funds or house stays on market. Having said that, I do have to ask the question, as to what exactly do estate agents do, they should make sure that those people who make offers have the funds in place, after all they loose commission and have to advertise More. Perhaps they should get a little more active!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

ChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Another let down!!

Just wanted to say sorry you are having so many problems selling your home.

Is your house in Hastings?

We live in Hastings and put our house on the market beginning of August. Regret not doing it sooner now as market so slow!! Had a couple of viewings and couple did second viewing last night so waiting to hear today if going to make an offer. Worried though after reading so many horror stories that until we complete can't really make any plans!!

If you are still down here and fancy a drink to have a moan and chat about Canada let us know.

Good luck

Tracy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about all the disappointments and time-wasters. Hope things can start to move smoothly soon.

After all the waiting and anxieties getting the visas, it seems that selling houses is the next biggest stress.

Deborah
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:03 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear about this it is so annoying! We went through a similar problem when we bought this house three years ago. The buyers solicitor did.'t tell him about copletion date and forgot to send off for the funds but we didn't know this until Friday afternoon with our van loaded and ready to move in. All we needed were the keys.We found out late afternoon that completion had failed and we had to go back to the old house (I have 3 kids too all wondering what was going on!) We didn't know what to do because it was then set for Monday,so we took the garden furniture off the van and the mattresses and camped in the lounge! Everything was on the van so I had to go and buy essentials like clean knickers,toothbrushes plates cutlery! It was a nightmare! In the end they decided not to buy as they were splitting up! We could have sued them but we were happy to keep the deposit. I just dread this happening again when we emigrate and I think I will probably want to keep the house on the market until exchange.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Keg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really nice

What a nightmare - those types of people want stringing up by their ears (or other suitable anatomical parts that would cause severe pain).
People do not seem to care one jot about others.

Keep going, this will just be another immigration story to tell once you're over there.

Our house is currently on the market and things are slowwwwwwwwwww - but the number of sleepless nights we're having keeps rising!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

A buyer makes an offer - the seller accepts the offer - a contract is signed there and then (subject to searches, etc), and Bingo! - you have a done-deal.
But then the buyer will presumably need to sell their house before they can consider buying yours, so instead of people pulling out because they can't sell, you just won't see the potential buyers in the first place.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Just wanted to get this off my chest...Having sold our house here in the UK back in may...ready to complete and head off to N.S in Aug we found that our buyers had just been having a bit of a laugh and pulled out 2 days before completion!!

What total W*$KERS!!! I really hope you sell soon.
I agree that the UK way is a real pain in the arse. I do like the Canadian way you like the place sign contract 30 days later its yours.

Just put mine on the market on Monday lots of interest but no offerers as yet
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

If you're buyer pulled out 2 days before completion, did you hold on to their 5/10% deposit? That would teach the bas***ds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.