Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Alberta - Weather Warnings - Environment Canada

Alberta - Weather Warnings - Environment Canada

Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:45 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alberta - Weather Warnings - Environment Canada

Highway 2 north and south out of Calgary closed due to weather conditions.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...e-warning.html
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Highway 2 north and south out of Calgary closed due to weather conditions.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...e-warning.html
I like some of the reader comments:

This is Canada and it's winter, suck it up, buttercup.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:11 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

sigh.

Son #2 had a friend over this evening. The boy walked here from his home some few blocks away. Hubby was just wondering if/when he'd be wanting a ride back, when friend informs us that his parents "are being ridiculous about the weather" and won't let him walk home and his dad was coming to fetch him. We offered to drive him back but he said his dad was already on his way. OK.

So the boys get all dressed up and leave, saying they are going to meet friend's dad down by the 4-way stop to save him struggling up our street. OK.

About 3 minutes later friend's mum calls to say her OH was stuck about half a block from their house. So now my DH has to get the car out anyway, go search for wandering youngsters and take them home, possibly rescuing friends dad along the way ..... sigh, just when we were thinking of a last hot chocolate before bed-time!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:18 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
sigh.

. sigh, just when we were thinking of a last hot chocolate before bed-time!
At your ages it should be Ovaltine
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:34 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
At your ages it should be Ovaltine
ooh now there's a thought.....

They've just got back, very excited (men are such kids) cos they had to help out some other stuck car on the way back as well!

<goes to heat up some milk....>
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:38 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
ooh now there's a thought.....

They've just got back, very excited (men are such kids) cos they had to help out some other stuck car on the way back as well!

<goes to heat up some milk....>
OI, less of the men are Kids, we just have a heightened sense of adventure and fun.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got to work today but has just phoned to say he's checked into a hotel because the visibility is just too bad to get home.
It took him 2 hours to "dig" his car out of the snow in the car park.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by albertabound
My husband got to work today but has just phoned to say he's checked into a hotel because the visibility is just too bad to get home.
It took him 2 hours to "dig" his car out of the snow in the car park.
What was he using a tea spoon
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

What was he using a tea spoon
You'd think!!
I have no idea but he said the wind had just made a huge pile to one side and almost covering the roof.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

You'd think!!
I have no idea but he said the wind had just made a huge pile to one side and almost covering the roof.
Looking at whats happened here, I can well believe it. Still it will all be gone again by tuesday and it looks kinda perdy
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes it looks gorgeous and I'm kinda relieved he has stayed there rather than the hour drive down highway 2 but its closed anyway at Bowden/Innisfail so he would have to go back roads.
He said there are numerous cars/trucks in the ditches.
Hopefully, the wind will die down a bit tomorrow!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:14 am

You'd think!!
Piles not as high as the roof at our house but we awoke to no heat this morning 56°F and dropping.

Sure enough the drift on the east side of the house is high enough to be blocking the intake and exhaust pipes for our fancy high efficiency furnace.

Frantic digging (buggered my back) and then reset said furnace we have heat back on.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:15 am
Banned

Piles not as high as the roof at our house but we awoke to no heat this morning 56°F and dropping.

Sure enough the drift on the east side of the house is high enough to be blocking the intake and exhaust pipes for our fancy high efficiency furnace.

Frantic digging (buggered my back) and then reset said furnace we have heat back on.
Snow here hasnt even reached my door.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:18 am

Snow here hasnt even reached my door.
I should hope not.

If you miss digging though you can come over and do ours.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:20 am
Banned

I should hope not.

If you miss digging though you can come over and do ours.
LOL

You're well aware of where I could be by early next year, I think I'll save my snow removal days for then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.