Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:23 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alberta - Weather Warnings - Environment Canada

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

Looks like we could clear for tuesday
That has just blown our weekend in calgary out of the window
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:28 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
You lot think you have it bad. In London, UK, it's been a steady 6c all day with clear blue skies and not a jot of wind to be felt.
You can keep it, Yesterday I drove to Red Deer (apologies to anyone I may have previously offended, The East side at least has some nice Parkland) across to Stettler (again suprised at the 'quaintness', oh and the number of Anabaptists in Walmart MacDonalds ) down to Drumheller and home. Beautiful blue skies (inbetween awesome sunrise and sunset) a 'sprinkling' of snow everywhere and all of it at temps between -17 and -7 (according to the in car 'temp guage')
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:29 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

Looks like we could clear for tuesday
That has just blown our weekend in calgary out of the window
As they say, "every Cloud has a silver lining"
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:32 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

O Canada, Our home and native land.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:33 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
What no wind?

What's keeping people upright then?
Beats me. The stiff upper lip only supports so much.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:35 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
You can keep it
I don't want it

Yesterday I drove to Red Deer (apologies to anyone I may have previously offended, The East side at least has some nice Parkland) across to Stettler (again suprised at the 'quaintness', oh and the number of Anabaptists in Walmart MacDonalds ) down to Drumheller and home. Beautiful blue skies (inbetween awesome sunrise and sunset) a 'sprinkling' of snow everywhere and all of it at temps between -17 and -7 (according to the in car 'temp guage')
Show off
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:09 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You can keep it, Yesterday I drove to Red Deer (apologies to anyone I may have previously offended, The East side at least has some nice Parkland) across to Stettler (again suprised at the 'quaintness', oh and the number of Anabaptists in Walmart MacDonalds ) down to Drumheller and home. Beautiful blue skies (inbetween awesome sunrise and sunset) a 'sprinkling' of snow everywhere and all of it at temps between -17 and -7 (according to the in car 'temp guage')
We drove up to Edmonton yesterday, left Calgary at 7:30am temps ranged between -14° and -22° (just north of Red Deer) on the way up and hovered around -14 all the way back as far as Airdrie then it went to -3°

Those cool temps didn't do the gas mileage any good.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Those cool temps didn't do the gas mileage any good.
now that I DO AGREE with.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:49 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problem (at least as far as CANADIANS are concerned) is the winds rather than the 'precipitation.
Oh don't be silly. In this part of the world the snow never comes down vertically, it's always being blown near horizontally. We cope.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Oh don't be silly. In this part of the world the snow never comes down vertically, it's always being blown near horizontally. We cope.
Dude so do I, so DO I. (its these brits dontchya know buncha pussies the lodaum)
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:06 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Dude so do I, so DO I. (its these brits dontchya know buncha pussies the lodaum)

Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:07 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
You've got us beat with that one.

It NEVER gets that bad here.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:09 am
Banned

What have I told you about leaving your tonka toys outside in the winter
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the snow started here at around 7am. Took the dog for a walk around 8:30am, just after the phone call from work, you don't have to come in if you don't want to - gotta call them at 12:00 to see if the mall is busy, if it is then it's worth going the 2 blocks to work, I don't think they realise I'm only two/three blocks away

The dog! He loves it, bless im He dragged me through the deep snow to sniff to his hearts content, he cracks me up the way he bury's his whole face into the snow sniffing. Did do some shovelling when we got back, that daft dog of mine didn't want to come in, was quite happy waggling his tail laying in the snow

The weather is supposed to get worse as the day progresses, poor dog might not get to go out again.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:51 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

As they say, "every Cloud has a silver lining"
NOW you know that you wanted me in calgary this weekend
Its ok just sorting out for nxt weekend instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.