Reload this Page >

Alberta Health & Wellness

Alberta Health & Wellness

Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jen246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alberta Health & Wellness

Hi,

Me and my OH are flying to Calgary on 28th Jan on TWP which we will get at POE.

Would we be eligible for the Alberta Health and Wellness scheme? I have looked on their website and it says we would need proof of Legal Entitlement to be in Canada i.e. Canadian Passport, PR Card but doesnt say anything about a TWP. I have read somewhere that someone on a TWP did get on the scheme is this possible?

Any help appreciated

Jen
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:39 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alberta Health & Wellness

Originally Posted by Jen246
Hi,

Me and my OH are flying to Calgary on 28th Jan on TWP which we will get at POE.

Would we be eligible for the Alberta Health and Wellness scheme? I have looked on their website and it says we would need proof of Legal Entitlement to be in Canada i.e. Canadian Passport, PR Card but doesnt say anything about a TWP. I have read somewhere that someone on a TWP did get on the scheme is this possible?

Any help appreciated

Jen
Hi Jen,

Not absolutely 100% sure but I'm about 99.9% sure your TWP is good enough.

You should be eligible for coverage effective the day you arrive.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Steve

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Jen
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:33 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Hi Jen,

Not absolutely 100% sure but I'm about 99.9% sure your TWP is good enough.

You should be eligible for coverage effective the day you arrive.
I'm sure that a TWP is good as I am looking at the application for Alberta Health Coverage right now.

Its under the Legal entitlement to be in Canda List as Canada Entry Document which is a Work Permit.

We just posted all our stuff the other night.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:39 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another thing, they state if you want any more information to visit this site I just had a peek and seems to answer alot of questions http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/c...questions.html
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Hi. I got a letter through from Alberta Health and Wellness just the other day. According to the letter they did not recieve the required documents with my application (I wasn't aware I had even made an application......but I get medical/dental benifits through my partners work so maybe it was from that??)

Anyhow.......they sent me a list of the items they require....
Alberta Residency
Current Alberta driver's licence
OR
Current Alberta registries ID card
OR
Current utility bills for an Alberta residence

AND

Goverment Issued Photo ID
Canadian/Non-Canadian Passport
OR
Canadian citizenship card
OR
PR card
OR
Current Alberta/provincial/territorial drivers licence

AND

Legal Entitlement to be in Canada
Canadian Passport
OR
Canadian Citizenship Card
OR
Canadian Birth certificate
OR
PR Card
OR
Canada entry document (I am here on a 2 year TWP.....I am assuming this counts as a Canada entry document!!)

Sorry it's not a definite YES or No answer....I'll beable to let you know as soon as I have sent my stuff off and they have got back to me!!

Good luck

Steph x

Last edited by Waltzing Matilda; Jan 13th 2009 at 5:54 am.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:40 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hi Jen

You should be fine, my OH got his OK on his TWP in December. He just had to show the TWP when he went to sign up.

The Ross Family
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who has replied Makes me feel much better!

Jen x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

I spoke to them last year when we were toying with the idea of TWP (we have odd med circs which did impact on the decision lol).

TWP is fine and you will be covered from arrival - as long as you are arriving on the same plane as your DH (ie directly accompanying). If you are flying out later for some reason, there is a 3 month qualifying period...

We were told to print out the forms from the website and post on arrival in country - ie the day we land lol.

HTH
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thats great thanks Debbiem
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Definately fine.

I had been concerned about this and I emailed them on acouple of occasions to confirm.

Get it as soon as you get here- we got it around day 1 or 2.

Gryph
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:19 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

When we arrived in 2005 (on TWP) we had a 3 month qualifying period before we were eligible - sounds from above posts that, that has changed??????
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I understand you are eligible from the first day you are resident in Alberta.

In reality, it's going to day you a few days or weeks to get the little Alberta Health card in your hands. So if you do need to see a doctor in that time, for example, you will most likely be charged about $50 for the appointment. If it's urgent, then suck it up and try and sort out a reimbursement later. Just putting this out there so no-one is shocked if they are asked for a fee
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
When we arrived in 2005 (on TWP) we had a 3 month qualifying period before we were eligible - sounds from above posts that, that has changed??????
Hi Piff Poff

I just pulled this off the website I mentioned in #5 post. Just for your info.

The effective date of your coverage will be determined based on the following:

If you move to Alberta from within Canada your coverage begins the first day of the third month following the date you establish permanent residency here; For example, if you establish permanent residency in Alberta on July 12, your coverage is effective October 1.

If you move to Alberta from outside of Canada your coverage begins on your date of arrival in Alberta, once all registration validation requirements are met.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Makes you wonder why we had such a fight for it - for example when I 1st got here, though a complete mess up and wrong advice I was given a visitors permit, I had to wait until that ran out before I could apply for the TWP then I had to wait until 3 months had passed before I was eligible for Healthcare - 9 months in total. Hubby also had to wait 3 months (into his second TWP - the 1st was for just 3 months) before his healthcare kicked in and he actually had surgery before his 3 months were up (by a week). We felt lucky that the surgery was honored by AHC - they said it was because they added the tow TWP together. Whish is what makes me wonder if the the rules have changed, that's all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.