airsier, about loops

airsier, about loops

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:56 pm
millymolly

mandyrawlinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default airsier, about loops

hello airsier
hows kamloops
we put loops has our prefered destination for emigrating but the okenagen has now taken over.

we could change our minds yet, so any info would be nice.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:20 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Re: airsier, about loops

Yes Real estate prices are on the up and up here however depending how close to the city you want or how big a house you can still get fairly reasonable property here and the cost of living offsets the cost of property (classified as one of the cheapest places regarding cost of living). An other interesting point is that we do not have MOT's here or their equivalent - lots of smokers and rust buckets on the road.

Houses cost from $150,000 upwards. The costs vary between :
North Shore - cheapest
Down town fair but in the city
Sahali - just south of the city but fair
Aberdeen - fair but up on the hill - longer winter by 1 month each end of winter
Dufferin Fair and right on top of the provincial park
Vally view fair
West side - fair - shorter winters not much snow but more traffic getting into city
Juniper Ridge -can be more expensive and up on the hill - longer winter by 1 month each end of winter - a lot of buy builds going on up there
Rayleigh/Heffly - fair (15-20mins out of town by car) shorter winters, just of highway 5 so road always cleared first not far from ski resort and easy journey into the City
Barnhart vale (15-20mins out of town by car) ranch land - just off route 1 so second priority snow clearing. easy route into the city
Rose Hill - very expensive

I have not looked at exact prices in all areas and like anywhere they can vary from property to property and street to street.

Personally I think the place is the best (but I would be silly settling here if I thought otherwise). I chose the place first then got the job in the place I chose. For me outdoor activity and a smallish friendly City were top priority. Research into the leisure activities in the area led me to this area and then a few holiday's out here confirmed that it had everything my wife and I wanted. A modest house is all we need and we can still get cheaper and bigger than the UK.

It is hard to explain EXACTLY what it is that attracted us here so if you have any specifics you would like clarification on I would be happy to provide information for you to assess. The office I work in has several people that were born and bread here as well as Canadians that have re-located here so I should be able to provide most information you want.

Originally Posted by Rich_007
[discuss real estate prices]

LOL

Rich.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:42 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kamloops seems the ideal place to settle from what me and my husband have thought and researched about.....it seems to be far enough away from the cities but self containing enough to have all amenities . The weather seems like it would be tolerable to the 'brits' and has a Ski resort and winter sports etc ...Also we have heard it is one of the most 'upcoming' places in B.C. for the expansion of business investment opportunities ....anyway thank you 'Airseir' for sharing your experiences... it only 'promotes' our interest even more for moving here.....Haven't heard it referred to as 'loops' though......
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:50 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Seriously we can recommend it. If you are seriously thinking about comming here and can afford it to visit first I can assure you you will have a good holiday and be able to experience Kamloops for yourself. My wife and I did this and it really put our mid's at rest. You are right - the weather is great unless you like the British rain. We will have to put up with arranging BBQ's in summer with no excuse of rain to call them off. In August we hit the nice dry non humid 40degrees which was very pleasent and the -15 degrees we are getting at night is also dry. Still seems strange to be -15 but no ice to scrape off the car - just get in turn on the heater and drive - driving gloves are required though unless you get a posh car with heated steering wheel.

Originally Posted by ann101
Kamloops seems the ideal place to settle from what me and my husband have thought and researched about.....it seems to be far enough away from the cities but self containing enough to have all amenities . The weather seems like it would be tolerable to the 'brits' and has a Ski resort and winter sports etc ...Also we have heard it is one of the most 'upcoming' places in B.C. for the expansion of business investment opportunities ....anyway thank you 'Airseir' for sharing your experiences... it only 'promotes' our interest even more for moving here.....Haven't heard it referred to as 'loops' though......