Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ahhhhh this Place Su.....

Ahhhhh this Place Su.....

Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ahhhhh this Place Su.....

That about does it for me. My youngest son, 13yrs, was beaten up whilst heading home from the local youth club last night. 3 drunk 13 yr olds jumped him and gave him a right kicking. Police called and caught 1 after a chase and others now known. The one arrested even tried to fight the Police. As if this wasn't enough my sons pal has just been chased home by the same 3 who having been charged with the assault, Police assault and Breach of the Peace and into the custody of their parents, the parents couldn't care less about what they were up to and didn't even ground them.
Meanwhile my son's face resembles a marrow its so swollen.
Like many we are going to Canada for a better life and don't believe its utopia but dear god it has to be better than this. We stay in an affulent or maybe effluent area of Dumfries, voted the safest place to bring up kids so if things have got this crap here I give up.
Rant over and stiff drink required.
Ex collegues (I was a cop) suggested I wait till I am due to go and pay their parents a friendly visit but......mmmm can't lower myself to their level.
Stuarty
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:41 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhhhh this Place Su.....

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Like many we are going to Canada for a better life and don't believe its utopia but dear god it has to be better than this.
You know what? I think you'll find it is!!

I mean, I know some areas of some cities have their rough areas, but basically you don't have to go there.

Good grief, I hope the lil lad gets better soon and is not too traumatised!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
You know what? I think you'll find it is!!

I mean, I know some areas of some cities have their rough areas, but basically you don't have to go there.

Good grief, I hope the lil lad gets better soon and is not too traumatised!
Thanks for that. Apologies to all for the double entry but I was so mad I submitted it twice
Stuarty
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:44 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

That's horrible!

I hope your son feels better soon and that the three who did that to him get what is coming to them.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
That's horrible!

I hope your son feels better soon and that the three who did that to him get what is coming to them.
They are juveniles from so called respectable homes so no chance of that.
S
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I dunno what to say, its so far removed from my life here. Sucks big time. Morwennas right!

If someone did that to my kids I would lose it.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:58 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks ass.....sorry to hear that.....these people are savages and their breed (the parents) are the cause of the continuing decay of (Y)UK society. Yep things bad happen here too, occasionally very bad, we had that debate over and over on here BUT rarely do such cruel and nasty things happen here and when they do it's a shock to everyone.

It's true, you can have a life that's as close to utopia as you want it to be, if your decision is made correctly, wise choices made, funds available to live in the right area etc.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:59 pm
I don't believe it!

grumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud of

That about does it for me. My youngest son, 13yrs, was beaten up whilst heading home from the local youth club last night. 3 drunk 13 yr olds jumped him and gave him a right kicking. Police called and caught 1 after a chase and others now known. The one arrested even tried to fight the Police. As if this wasn't enough my sons pal has just been chased home by the same 3 who having been charged with the assault, Police assault and Breach of the Peace and into the custody of their parents, the parents couldn't care less about what they were up to and didn't even ground them.
Meanwhile my son's face resembles a marrow its so swollen.
Like many we are going to Canada for a better life and don't believe its utopia but dear god it has to be better than this. We stay in an affulent or maybe effluent area of Dumfries, voted the safest place to bring up kids so if things have got this crap here I give up.
Rant over and stiff drink required.
Ex collegues (I was a cop) suggested I wait till I am due to go and pay their parents a friendly visit but......mmmm can't lower myself to their level.
Stuarty
This all sounds so horribly familiar! That's one of the many reasons we left. I hope your lad recovers quickly...the Revenge and Payback thing is tempting -isn't it - but it's not worth sinking to that level. Come over here with your head high!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:16 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grumpy
This all sounds so horribly familiar! That's one of the many reasons we left. I hope your lad recovers quickly...the Revenge and Payback thing is tempting -isn't it - but it's not worth sinking to that level. Come over here with your head high!

Hi Stuarty,
Sorry to hear about your son.........I hope he gets better soon
(little sh*ts!!)

On a brighter note, our lad was 13 when we came here & no, its not utopia but for us the change in the kids has been all good . He loves the laid back & generally more friendly attitude of the teenagers here & even when we are fed up & ranting about going 'home' he says " I'm not going anywhere" (in his best Kevin & Perry voice!!) If your son wants to ask another teen any questions you can always PM me & I'll give you his e-mail........
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
If your son wants to ask another teen any questions you can always PM me & I'll give you his e-mail........
Very considerate of you bananahammock!! These are the kinds of things that deserve karma! Cheers (it's on its way)

Stuarty.... I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your son & his pal. It seems nowhere is immune these days.

Oggy
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:36 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

aww the pooor little guy , hope he gets better soon , kids now a days seem to be total idiots i am so strict with my son i feel awful sometimes but its better than him turning out to be some sort of brat (he's only 5, lol) must have been coz my mum was strict !1 aaargh i have turned into my mum :scared:
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:46 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

I am sorry about your son and I bet you (and he) will be glad to be soon out of it. I am sure it serves to reinforce that you have made the right choice.

I think that you will be pleasantly surprised about the teenagers over here although you may find it takes a little while to stop expecting the worst from them as that is what we are generally used to in the UK. The majority of teenagers that I have encountered over here have been well adjusted, pleasant and confident as well as being respectful. Obviously there are some that are bad eggs but I am much less wary of groups of teenagers than I ever was in the UK.

Hopefully it won't be too long for you now.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all for your advice and support. Makes a bloke realise that civilisation is alive and well somewhere.
Thanks again

Stuarty
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:03 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all for your advice and support. Makes a bloke realise that civilisation is alive and well somewhere.
Thanks again

Stuarty
My hubby and I were talking the other night about the differences between our part of Canada and the part of the Uk we lived in, and one of the topics was crime, serious and minor, and we both agreed that there seems to be less petty, mindless crime here, such as yobbish vandalism, There is crime of course, but on the whole it "appears" that the police tend to catch the perpetrators fairly quickly too.

On our street in the UK, half a dozen cars parked along the road had their windscreen wipers broken off..............just for the sheer hell of it. And we lived in a "nice" small town. Can't imagine that happening here. We don't live in the city. We live in a middle class, family orientated community and feel incredibly safe.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:12 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Truly sorry to hear that Stuarty .. so bloody frustrating to hear these things happening to decent people.. even more so when you know for a fact little or nothing will be done to punish the abhorrent little brats responsible.

.. at least when you search for the bright side, yours is about as shiny as they come and you can get your little one away from it all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.