Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Agency or on your own

Agency or on your own

Old May 1st 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agency or on your own

Originally Posted by Griff
Thanks Morwenna, It would be great if we just get a kit of the shelf to answer all the queries we have. Point taken, I think the stress it starting to kick in.

Just think of yourself on a rollercoaster ride (and hold on very tight)
Old May 1st 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Just think of yourself on a rollercoaster ride (and hold on very tight)
I know, but I don't like rollercoasters
Old May 1st 2006, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Riddor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SivoxII

The only thing that tripped me up (causing a longer delay) ... was the requirement of fingerprints. I was specifically told by the UK side of things, that i should not be asked for fingerprints as part of the process, but checking later on here in Canada, i WAS required to submit fingerprints, as i had been resident in Canada for more than 6 months. At this point, we were worried about the Medical checks running out, as they are only good for 1 year, but thankfully everything clicked into place at the right time, so with an extra few months delay, i became a landed PR in 13 months (from start to finish)
Hi there

Did you have to provide the finger prints and was this done in Canada?
We will probably of been in Canada for more than 6 months by the time our file gets looked at. Would you advise us to have some done before we leave?

Thanks.
Old May 5th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't use an agency, their fees are ridiculous, but it depends if you have the money I suppose. If you read the Canadian Immigration site thoroughly there is nothing an agency can do that you can't do yourself. Good luck

Mark