Reload this Page >

Age issues for working in Canada

Age issues for working in Canada

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

garwboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Age issues for working in Canada

Originally Posted by GC44
Is there such a thing as a TWP that doesn't require an LMO ?
Yes, welders in Alberta
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ste1070
Hi All,

Have asked this question a couple of times but since starting with our dreams of emigrating, the years are passing by!

I am hoping to go out and sit Red Seal (Industrial Electrician) in the next few months and then explore the proposed FSTC route as opposed to FSW. I am 42 years of age and am just concerned how attractive to a prospective employee I would be to our Canadian counterparts??

I do have a lot to offer in this field and indeed have just accepted a position here as an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor (a contingency if plans don't pan out)

Thoughts would be appreciated
Where in Canada are you thinking of living?

Saskatchewan are always looking for Industrial Electrical Journeymen in the Mining Industry!

Age certainly isn't a factor!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Where in Canada are you thinking of living?

Saskatchewan are always looking for Industrial Electrical Journeymen in the Mining Industry!

Age certainly isn't a factor!
As work at this stage may dictate our initial move, I would consider most places. Do you know of some opportunities? Thx
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ste1070
As work at this stage may dictate our initial move, I would consider most places. Do you know of some opportunities? Thx
There are a lot of opportunities in Saskatchewan and other provinces - look at some of the mining company websites - a good varied one to start would be http://www.infomine.com/careers/

You will need to complete your Red Seal and find a company that's willing to get an LMO if you have not already got your PR.

Good Luck!