Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice!! on moving from UK to Canada

Originally Posted by newlife_canada
Hi John, thanks I will check them out!

What area are you locating too?
Hi,
We are looking at Truro and surrounding area. Property wise you get more for yr dollar and it is still only an hours drive from Halifax area. We went to see some friends in Upper Tantallon on our recce this year, such a lovely area and close to commute to Halifax
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
...We went to see some friends in Upper Tantallon on our recce this year, such a lovely area and close to commute to Halifax
Sure - until you get snowed in!
Although, in fairness, Hwy 103 - being a major route to HRM - should be cleared PDQ when snow falls.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

caforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am new to this forum and think that the title of this page fits my needs.
I am looking to eventually immigrate to Canada with my wife. We quite like the province of Alberta. I'm a construction project manager and I know that my job title is not on the current NOC list. I have spoken to various immigration consultants but have not agreed to anything after reading a few posts on these forums mainly due to the fact that they are all asking for a large amount of money up front and seem to be telling me things that are not fact. I would like peoples opinion on the following scenarios. 1 learn a basic french go to Quebec live and work for 2 years and obtain PR allowing us to go anywhere in Canada. or 2 (not sure if i could do this) visit Canada with a view of trying to secure a job and then look to get a TWP and follow that route. Finally 3 a better idea that i dont know about.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:51 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caforme
Hello I am new to this forum and think that the title of this page fits my needs.
I am looking to eventually immigrate to Canada with my wife. We quite like the province of Alberta. I'm a construction project manager and I know that my job title is not on the current NOC list. I have spoken to various immigration consultants but have not agreed to anything after reading a few posts on these forums mainly due to the fact that they are all asking for a large amount of money up front and seem to be telling me things that are not fact. I would like peoples opinion on the following scenarios. 1 learn a basic french go to Quebec live and work for 2 years and obtain PR allowing us to go anywhere in Canada. or 2 (not sure if i could do this) visit Canada with a view of trying to secure a job and then look to get a TWP and follow that route. Finally 3 a better idea that i dont know about.
why go to Quebec?? you have far more chance securing work in Alberta than Quebec..without the need to learn French!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
why go to Quebec?? you have far more chance securing work in Alberta than Quebec..without the need to learn French!
I have been told that it is easier to get a visa for quebec ie no NOC list. I would rather go to Alberta with FSW visa however, my job description is not on the NOC list and I am 1 year too old to go over on an experience visa.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:21 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told that it is easier to get a visa for quebec ie no NOC list. I would rather go to Alberta with FSW visa however, my job description is not on the NOC list and I am 1 year too old to go over on an experience visa.
wont be easier to get a job though..if you cant get a job its a pointless exercise
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
wont be easier to get a job though..if you cant get a job its a pointless exercise
That is true. I guess there are many stumbling blocks to every scenario tho. If you were in my situation how would you get to Alberta?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That is true. I guess there are many stumbling blocks to every scenario tho. If you were in my situation how would you get to Alberta?
A plane from Heathrow to Calgary or Edmonton.
Read this link for the Alberta PNP programme
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx

New rules for skilled workers are expected to be announced soon if wanting to go the FSW route.
Find an employer willing to apply for an LMO and then be issued with a TWP.
Check he wiki button at the top of the page.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
A plane from Heathrow to Calgary or Edmonton.
Read this link for the Alberta PNP programme
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx

New rules for skilled workers are expected to be announced soon if wanting to go the FSW route.
Find an employer willing to apply for an LMO and then be issued with a TWP.
Check he wiki button at the top of the page.
Thank you for your help FL. Going to look at the options of finding and job with an employer willing to apply for a LMO. Is it the case that i will be tied to working for that employer there after?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help FL. Going to look at the options of finding and job with an employer willing to apply for a LMO. Is it the case that i will be tied to working for that employer there after?
Yes by going the LMO route you are tied to that employer. New LMOs required if you wish to change employers.
PR status allows you to work all over Canada and for any employer.
PNP programmes are designed for people who want to work and live in that Province but some do abuse it and use it as a means to get PR status quickly then move elsewhere.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

What other skills do you have? You say you are a construction manager, do you have a trade? You could try that route, just a thought.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by allycat231
What other skills do you have? You say you are a construction manager, do you have a trade? You could try that route, just a thought.
Allycat - No trade but i have a bachelors degree. All of my experience is in managing civil projects. I think an option worth looking at is flying to Alberta as a tourist and try to secure a job with an employer that is willing to apply for a LMO and then hopefully get a TWP. Not sure if there are too many other options until the next NOC list is published. Does anybody think that there is a better way? I am open to ANY ideas!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Allycat - No trade but i have a bachelors degree. All of my experience is in managing civil projects. I think an option worth looking at is flying to Alberta as a tourist and try to secure a job with an employer that is willing to apply for a LMO and then hopefully get a TWP. Not sure if there are too many other options until the next NOC list is published. Does anybody think that there is a better way? I am open to ANY ideas!
Marry a Canadian Spousal sponsorship easy peasey.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

If only I could I think my wife may have something to say about that! ha ha. On a TWP can you bring a spouse? I think i read somewhere that if the job is in band A or B you could. Is that right?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL thats what I did

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.