Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

5 month in pei

5 month in pei

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about
Default 5 month in pei

hi
last time i was on the site we were still in England
5 month later here we are in Summerside with our 2 children and an 8 weeks old baby!

thought i joined the site again !
any one in pei?

vee
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:02 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 month in pei

I'm not in nor going to PEI but hello and best wishes on your new baby
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about

Hi Lorna
thanks for your message !
i was getting rather desperate
thought nobody was interested

not long for you now !!
good luck
vee
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

rena is on a distinguished road

Hi Vee, I suspect after 5 months you and your family have begun to settle in. Is it all that you expected or even better? Congrats on the baby.
Rena
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:25 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veengraham
Hi Lorna

not long for you now !!
good luck
vee

No I can't wait now - these last few weeks are going to drag. It makes it worse when people say "when are you off - oh won't be long now" I just want to be there
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:48 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lorna

not long for you now !!
good luck
vee
I'm here too...congrats on the new baby...hope we have one too when we get to Canada, fingers crossed. Post a bit more on your first five months if you ever get a free minute
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

hi
5 month later here we are in Summerside with our 2 children and an 8 weeks old baby!

any one in pei?

vee
Hi Vee, and welcome back to the forum - some new faces here since you left but some things don't change, it's still the nut house, and we're still passing around info and helping, advising, bitching and laughing!
So do tell all us wanna be's what your first 5 months have been like.
The good and the not so good.

Rob.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

ah! feel better now that i got few replies
thanks!

well how can i describe these last 5 months?
everything happened SO fast !still have not stopped to really think about it!

from just coming on holiday last September to get a 'feel' of Canada we found ourselves with everything happening in 6 months!!!!
i feel for all of you who have to go throught the long road!!!

IT has been mad great scary ........
with time of thinking what have we done to thanks god we've done it!!! (well me being hormonal/pregnant did not help ! )

here we can afford a bigger house (still renting until we really know where we want to settle!)
the chidren ( 4 and 5 and a half)have spend the summer playing outside with no fear of something happening..(well i suppose if we were in a big city it would be sort of like in England but very safe here on PEI)

don't really know what else i could say!!!!
will answer all question thought (well as long as they are reasonable)

wish all of you in the process of making it here all the best
never thought it would happen to us but it did so stay positive it will happen!!!!
vee
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Willeme is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 5 month in pei

hi

any one in pei?

vee
Hi Vee I just wanted to say hello and congratulations on the baby, Other half and I are looking to head to PEI sometime next year, we're still on the lookout for jobs via e-mail / phonecalls but are hoping to visit to have a look around in the future. Stories like yours give us hope, all the best wishes for the future

Eme
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Eme
thanks

good idea to come over

It seem that sending resume or looking for a job from England is noy very successful but going to a company in person can make a difference!(as happen for us)

all the best for your search
keep us posted!
vee