4 corners

Old Apr 17th 2002, 9:57 am
Just Joined

john connon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 corners

Anyone had dealings with 4 corners enigration?
How good or bad are they?
Old Apr 17th 2002, 6:30 pm
The Wizzard

Default Re: 4 corners

4 Corners were my first dealings with immigration. When my now wife came over in
summer 2000 to visit England for a few months we went to one of their free assement
days and then for a meeting at their offices near Manchester Airport. They certainly
seemed professional and they are a member of Opic ( i almost typed OPEC there, too
much oil on the news maybe). anyway yes. However knowing what i know now about
immigration and so forth i would advise you to be as well informed as possible
before goign to talk and sign anything with them. The reason we didn't was simply we
couldn't afford their fees at that time being a student etc. and also becaue their
fees were on the high end. although they do provide a very broad service with help
for banking money and career CV/resume etc afterwards and with a refund policy if
you dont get yoru visa. However they were very misleading and somewhat overbearing
in their sales tactics i feel now looking back. When we tlakted to them then the new
immigration bill was bill C-31 i believe befor ethey had their general election and
it was re tabled as C-11. and they were very insitant on applying before this new
law came into effect which they said could have been anytime ( i gues sthey wouldnt
have known a general election would happen and set it all off by a few years). they
assesd me as an indipendant and told me i had no chance, which was true as id have
to wait for a year after i graduate this year for work experience etc and so they
said the best way to go forward was family class and we should get married as that
was easier. Now at this point we hadnt even thought about marriage and they were
quite clear that i didnt want to land till after i graduate which is july this year.
so he said yes but it could take a year to process and then you have ayear to land
and so it is best to start early. they then quoted us a figure of several thousand
pounds for the whole service, that did also include the $500 processing fee and $975
ROLF which they were including with the application. this was of course more than we
coucld affor dthen but they were happy to work out a payment plan and give us papers
ready to sign tellign us how important it was that we really thought about it and
moved quickly because of this new law which could make it harder or could mean i
couldnt apply at all. basicaly we left there thinking that if i want ed to move
there we would have to get married soon and then pay a lot of money etc. In fact we
were at the point of working out how much it would be a month and how much wed need
ot save etc, before i had a common sense revolution and said just a sec. i then
proceeded to rea dthe whole CIC site, all the laws, all the proposals and so forth
and discovered that a lot of what they had said was false. they had said i could
apply myself but gave the impression that most people who apply themselves are
rejected because of errors in their applications. they also made sound like if your
application had errors that it would be rejected, you would have to pay and start
again and that they would not tell you what the errors were and that it would count
against you in the future, so you should indeed pay them to do it where its all
professionaly checked. i also discovered the actual contents of the new proposed law
could really only improve a family class applications and that most of the bad stuff
he was babbling on about affected the indipendant class and so in fact we may even
have been better off if the new law came through quickly. i also discovered a wealth
of online resources and that really paying anyone was a waste of time. so in that
respect we decided to decline their offer and plan the wedding for the next year in
2001 summer. maybe a bit earlier than we would have chosen but all in time too put
in a family class applicaiton in time for after my graduation. looking back now at
their service i think it really wasnt suited to out kind of application, i think
their speciality is business applicants with complex cases involving lots of money
and legal things who need a lot of help and fine details and for whom paying the
money would be worth it. they didnt strike us in any way as charlatans or anything,
im sure their service is very good in fact they have a very high success rate if i
recall it just wasnt for us.

Drew

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Apr 18th 2002, 9:12 am
Just Joined

john connon is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Drew very informative
Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:00 pm
Jim Humphries

Perhaps if you gave the names of the consultants we could comment. I have never heard
of the company. Jim Humphries

john connon wrote:
    >
    > Anyone had dealings with 4 corners enigration? How good or bad are they?
    >
    > --
    > John Dyer Sales Representative Royallepage Real Estate Svc. Ltd, Broker
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 21st 2002, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jim Humphries:
Perhaps if you gave the names of the consultants we could comment. I have never heard
of the company. Jim Humphries

john connon wrote:
    >
    > Anyone had dealings with 4 corners enigration? How good or bad are they?
    >
    > --
    > John Dyer Sales Representative Royallepage Real Estate Svc. Ltd, Broker
    >
Hi
Stay away from 4 corners they are unprofessional,I know this because my husband and myself spent 3 years with these people and got nowhere,bad advise and from their laywer in Toronto Porter Mathews. They wouldnt answer calls when they knew it was us, we just wanted to be kept informed but were ignored.

Hope this helps
April
Old Aug 21st 2002, 1:28 pm
The Wizzard

have to agree. got nothing but extorionate quotes and complete lies about immigration
when i spoke to them. in fact it wa stheir quotes and wild claims that got me to
actually read the proper immigration law and CIC website in the first place a few
years ago. had i had a lot more money at the time etc and not had internet access to
check up on what they said i could easily have been sucked into wasting a hell of a
lot of money on an over the top sales pitch. although at least they were warnign me
about the need to apply before the new law....all the way back in 2000. hehe.

"april" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Jim Humphries:
    > > Perhaps if you gave the names of the consultants we could comment. I have never
    > > heard of the company. Jim Humphries
    > >
    > > john connon wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Anyone had dealings with 4 corners enigration? How good or bad are they?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > John Dyer Sales Representative Royallepage Real Estate Svc. Ltd, Broker
    > > >
    > > > Posted via http://bri-
    > > > tishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com

> >
    > Hi Stay away from 4 corners they are unprofessional,I know this because my husband
    > and myself spent 3 years with these people and got nowhere,bad advise and from
    > their laywer in Toronto Porter Mathews. They wouldnt answer calls when they knew it
    > was us, we just wanted to be kept informed but were ignored.
    > Hope this helps April
    > --