Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

33 Single Male No Kids Mech Eng from Belfast. Should i go to canada

33 Single Male No Kids Mech Eng from Belfast. Should i go to canada

Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Grillpan has a spectacular aura aboutGrillpan has a spectacular aura aboutGrillpan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 33 Single Male No Kids Mech Eng from Belfast. Should i go to canada

6 mths. My point exactly. I havent a clue how long it takes or what is invovled. Let the education begin.

Cheers for the link livermanl

S
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:11 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grillpan
All,

Let me apologise for my spelling now as i try to type to fast and get it wrong.

FK. All options considered. Are you from Canada or been there or get paid to be on here and funny and gorgeous?

Sean
Well for a start, thats not me in the avatar.. im still in NI waiting to go to Canada..i've been going to Canada almost every year on holiday for the past 20 yrs....as for being funny and gorgeous....who's to say...best to ask the OH that one

oh and i don't get paid to flirt but i should....im damn good at it....
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Grillpan has a spectacular aura aboutGrillpan has a spectacular aura aboutGrillpan has a spectacular aura about

Oh right dead on.

Would it be okay if i PM you from time to time to ask the more mundane stuff? I dont want to clog up the site with repetive questions.

How long have you been waiting?

Sean
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:15 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right dead on.

Would it be okay if i PM you from time to time to ask the more mundane stuff? I dont want to clog up the site with repetive questions.

How long have you been waiting?

Sean
I'll pm you!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:18 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Oh Flirty!!!!!!

you said you was a 1 man women?????????

Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:20 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
shut it you....one man at a time i said....

im just trying to be nice to another Belfastian......ok
Thats NOT what you said last night
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:21 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Thats NOT what you said last night
Hello Butch Darlin, how are you today??
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:31 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Butch Darlin, how are you today??
Think Warren Beaty, Richard Burton and Casanova combined
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:35 pm
Banned

Sounds Fabulous .....
Shall we get started then.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Shall we get started then.
Not on this thread, take it to the ML
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:38 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Piece of string question but if i ahve a job lined up how long does it take to actually get in?
From the time that you have a job offer, between two and four months.

I'm basing that on the fact that mechanical engineers are eligible for Expedited Labour Market Opinions (E-LMOs) in Alberta and British Columbia, and you did mention you liked the sound of Vancouver. An E-LMO is supposed to come through within 5 days, but one member of this forum reported that it took 7 weeks to come through for him. So let's be conservative and say it might take a couple of months for your employer to get an LMO.

Then, after that, it might take a couple of months for approval of your temporary work permit (TWP) application to come through.

Although it's slightly risky, you can speed up the issuing of your TWP by flying to a Canadian port of entry (POE) and applying for a TWP on the spot. See TWP : Where to apply.

So the main elements are:
  1. You secure job offer.
  2. Employer applies for LMO. If employer has registered with the government's E-LMO program, they theoretically can get an LMO within 5 days, but E-LMOs have been known to take as long as 7 weeks. If the employer is not registered with the government's E-LMO program, a standard LMO in Alberta or BC might take 20 - 30 weeks.
  3. You apply for a TWP. If you apply via the Canadian High Commission (CHC) in London, it might take a couple of months. If you apply at a POE, and if you were successful (which is likely), you would get the TWP on the spot.

You said you liked skiing, so I would recommend British Columbia or Alberta as a destination.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Not on this thread, take it to the ML
Sorry Biiiiinky,
you know you are still my first love
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:42 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add something about recognition of your engineering qualifications.

Your engineering degrees most likely would be recognized.

If you wanted to become a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in your destination province, you probably would have to work under the supervision of a P. Eng. for a year. During that period, you'd do essentially the same work as the P. Eng., but there would be certain papers that they could sign and you wouldn't be able to sign.
x
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you should come to Calgary. Depending on your experience , assuming it may be applicabe to consultancy then you will most likely get a job here, with possibility of a paid reccie and a relocation package. Go to Association of Consulting engineers website, don't look at the jobs there necessarily but go to all the members' sites and look at their career pages.

You will get great boarding and mountain biking, no idea about the girl, but I suspect your accent will get you loads of intros and the novelty might win some hearts. One downside may be that here, they seem to get married quite early!

Gryph
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Judy,

Thats magic. Thanks a million for that.

Gryph - That sounds like a plan. Again thanks. would you have a link to that website?

Sean

P.S. Sorry if i have trod on anyones toes by talking to FK. Dont worry. im really after her horrible sister.

P.S.S. Getting married is fine if thats what it takes. will stop my ma worrying about me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.