Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:37 pm
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2012

yeppy, London beat the French for the Olympics. I would just love to see Chirac eating his words!!! That will teach him (probably not) to slag off England!

This morning I got thinking that New York would be more convenient though
Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

eferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2012

Originally Posted by MCC
yeppy, London beat the French for the Olympics. I would just love to see Chirac eating his words!!! That will teach him (probably not) to slag off England!

Congratulations London! I know you will held a great games.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MCC

Do you think it was Beckham's speech that swung it....er..probably not!

Let's hope it is a good one

Go and eat your frogs legs and escargot now Mr Chirac!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of appropriate, what with it being so close to the aniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:15 pm
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gray C
Do you think it was Beckham's speech that swung it....er..probably not!

Let's hope it is a good one

Go and eat your frogs legs and escargot now Mr Chirac!

Hummm, I don't think that Beckham can win anything with a speech. He's better sticking to football.

And yes, with the celebrations of the Battle of Trafalgar, it's a week of "in your face" to the French!!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:24 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCC
yeppy, London beat the French for the Olympics. I would just love to see Chirac eating his words!!!
Would he be having British beef with those words?

Oh, irony doesn't get much better than this.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:42 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

I think you are all being horrible!! It really breaks my heart to see the French pipped at the post.

NOT!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:44 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Would he be having British beef with those words?
I do believe that brit-beef is the main course at Glenagles tonight...urk urk phnarr phnarr a nice thickly cut slice, maybe Monsieur Chirac might choke a little. Not too much. Just enough to get him red faced and spluttery. And maybe sweat a little too.

Rich.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
I do believe that brit-beef is the main course at Glenagles tonight...urk urk phnarr phnarr a nice thickly cut slice, maybe Monsieur Chirac might choke a little. Not too much. Just enough to get him red faced and spluttery. And maybe sweat a little too.

Rich.

..............is the beef followed by humble pie.................
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

I tell you that put me in a great mood for the day! i was really chuffed.

Originally Posted by MCC

Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkiebar99
I tell you that put me in a great mood for the day! i was really chuffed.
It's only effect will be to raise taxes across the board - as if Labour needed any more excuses to to do so, be done badly - aka Millennium Dome and any thing else that the government of any persuasion have a finger in, and will make Tony even more smarmy - if that's possible.

Sorry it's late.

Dozzzzy
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

it'll be worth every penny just for those 5 mins of glory stickin it to the French!

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
It's only effect will be to raise taxes across the board - as if Labour needed any more excuses to to do so, be done badly - aka Millennium Dome and any thing else that the government of any persuasion have a finger in, and will make Tony even more smarmy - if that's possible.

Sorry it's late.

Dozzzzy
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:56 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the news on the local radio in Riviere-du-Loup, halfway to Gaspe. I was amused that they had a statement from Chirac and none from anyone in England but, fair play to Chirac, he was disappointed but wished Blair and the UK well.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:41 am
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
I heard the news on the local radio in Riviere-du-Loup, halfway to Gaspe. I was amused that they had a statement from Chirac and none from anyone in England but, fair play to Chirac, he was disappointed but wished Blair and the UK well.
He only wished them well after he had made a comment about the typical British weather (it was raining).
He must be the worst diplomat amongst world leaders ever.
His dig at the British EU rebate to deflect his failure in the constitution referendum has just backfired with the CAP policy now looking bad for France.
He must take credit for loosing the Olympics with those choice words about British cuisine and more importantly Finlands food being worse!
Derr! Goodbye two IOC Finnish votes that would have brought it to France!

The Olympics is a great coup for the UK but Britain will pay through the nose for it. Then again what price can you put on such a moral booster.