11/11

Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice
Default Re: 11/11

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
I thought it was one in NS. Aren't most shops shut - for at least part of the day?

I thought it was a holiday in NS too
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:37 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

It’s about remembering those that died in the world wars ??
A holiday would soon be turned into another day at the mall here
Holidays are commercial play days not moments of respect in North America

Although I do think its meaning is dying out as fast as the men that served in those wars
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't see why it would be, it has nothing to do with them.
Yep its nothing to do with them but its a chance for them to reflect on the friend, colleague and peers who have fallen, or perhaps the leg that was blown up on patrol etc. The sons, brothers fathers etc that have given the ultimate sacrifice so you can enjoy your comforts at home! The day we set aside to remember them with only a minutes silence! and people are looking to turn it into a holiday?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:28 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
I wonder 11/11 is not honoured with a bank holiday in the UK.
Why does it need one. Most of the commemoration happens on a Sunday when the majority of people arent at work.